Clayton Taylor Olney

January 5, 2009

By Contributor

Clayton OlneyClayton Olney

Clayton Taylor Olney, formerly of Sammamish, died Monday, Dec. 22, 2008, at home in Seattle. He was 25.

A celebration of Clayton’s life was held Dec. 30 at Good Samaritan Episcopal Church in Sammamish. Burial followed at Upper Hillside Cemetery in Issaquah.

Clayton was born Oct. 18, 1983, to Guy and Pamela Olney. He was raised in Sammamish and graduated from Eastlake High School. Following high school, he furthered his education at the University of Washington, where he was studying sociology. He intended to enter law school in 2009.

His family remembers him as a lover of life and family who possessed a passionate interest in the United States political and justice systems. He was especially proud to have contributed to Gov. Chris Gregiore’s re-election.

Clayton was a member of Phi Kappa Sigma, to which he was dedicated. In his leisure time, Clayton also enjoyed photography, snow skiing and scuba diving. He was a man who had a curiosity for all things unknown to him and he will be deeply missed.

Arrangements are entrusted to Flintoft’s Issaquah Funeral Home.

Friends are invited to view photos and sign the family’s online guest book at www.flintofts.com

Other Stories of Interest:

Comments

8 Responses to “Clayton Taylor Olney”

1. Stacy Irwin on January 6th, 2009 3:13 pm

I worked with Clay at Stafford Frey Cooper. He was such a bright man with such big ambissions. He was also just a friendly, great person to be around. My thoughts go out to your family during this hard time.

Stacy

2. Stephanie Monaghan on January 7th, 2009 6:37 pm

I was Clayton’s history and English teacher for 3 years. He was so smart and so funny. I can’t believe he’s gone. He would have done so much for the world.
    I can’t begin to imagine the sorrow his friends and family are feeling now.

Stephanie “Baker” Monaghan

3. Jim, Barnacle on January 9th, 2009 3:33 pm

Clayton was one of my best friends back in Eastlake. He will always be remembered as the best Wiki user to me. The encyclopedia just won’t be the same without him. I threw out all of my anime, they reminded me too much of him, how we’d watch it together.

-J

4. Colleen and Ryan Hixenbaugh on January 19th, 2009 11:52 pm

We were all stunned and devastated to hear the sad news about Clayton – we all remember him well, even from the time he was a little guy in grade school with the biggest, brightest eyes and smile you’ve ever seen on a kid. That smile, those eyes, his soul and intellect were always outsized for him. After high school, Soren told us what a wonderful writer Clayton was and how much he enjoyed his friendship with him. Others of Soren’s friends knew him as Clayton, The Writer. We are heartsick at his family’s loss, and our loss of a bright spirit, as well. We needed him in the world.

Colleen, Ryan, Soren, and Dutch Hixenbaugh

5. colorfinger on December 6th, 2009 9:56 pm

Clayton is still missed.

6. Rich Stallman on April 6th, 2012 9:18 am

Clayton… still miss you

7. Fyador Adcock on September 12th, 2012 3:26 pm

Clayton…aka “ty”…we all still miss you so much. I hope you found peace and that you can rest easy.

8. Ricky, Rad on January 20th, 2013 1:15 pm

Oh man, every time I think of you I can’t help but get a long face…