Issaquah High School junior dies

March 3, 2009

By Staff

UPDATED — 4 p.m. March 3, 2009

School counselors reported to Issaquah High School this morning after school officials were notified a male junior had died sometime before the start of school today.

The Press is withholding identification of the student pending further details.

More than eight counselors were on hand to help students deal with the news.

Friends said he enjoyed baseball and was on the school’s baseball team. They said they did not know why he died.

Officials at the King County Medical Examiner’s Office said they could not release any information about the student and said the earliest they could confirm his name, age and cause or manner of death would likely be tomorrow.

Other Stories of Interest: ,

Comments

8 Responses to “Issaquah High School junior dies”

1. issaquah high student on March 3rd, 2009 2:59 pm

i would like to just say, probably on the behalf of all the people that knew him, that he was a great person, always friendly and never had a bad thing to say about anyone. even though i lost contact with him a few years ago, i was completely shocked and extremely saddened to hear his passing.

2. another Issaquah High School Student on March 3rd, 2009 5:20 pm

I just can’t belive that he has passed on. Some many people knew him. He will be missed alot…even on the baseball team.

3. I.H.S. Senior on March 3rd, 2009 5:50 pm

he was an amazing kid.. wasn’t really close friends with him, but you didn’t have to be really close to him for him to be there for someone.. he will be missed and never forgotten..

4. another Issaquah High School Student on March 3rd, 2009 6:54 pm

I completely agree

5. Issaquah High Student on March 4th, 2009 8:48 am

He was a great friend, more than anyone could ask for.
    Selfless and always caring for others, the kindest person ever.
    We’ve been through a lot together, and he would ALWAYS put a smile on my face or make me laugh. That was his talent.
    He was smart and had a big heart.
    I’m so happy to have met him.
    I know he’s up in heaven waiting for us.

6. IHS Alum on March 4th, 2009 10:42 am

How did he die? I heard this happened in the Rainier Valley?

7. Jessica on March 4th, 2009 9:31 pm

nick was such a kind hearted kid, even though i graduated last year, he was in my leadership class, and no matter what, he would always be there to give advice or just for you to talk to about anything, he will never ever be forgotten.

8. Student on July 28th, 2009 3:45 pm

Wow… I’m on a bit of a program, so though I’m going into 10th grade, I’ve never set foot in a real high school. I was thinking of transferring to I.H.S. actually, so though I probably don’t know anyone there, and I don’t think I knew him, just hearing about this makes my heart ache. Death is a reality that is far too real… Poor guy, I hope this doesn’t happen to anyone else… people die, but that never means it isn’t heartbreaking, even to total strangers, like me. I’m sure such a good kid must be in Heaven, guys! And, such a good guy would want his friends to be happy, right?
    -E.D.S.-