Use caution in construction zones
July 18, 2009
NEW — 3 p.m. July 18, 2009
With the summer months comes road construction. Whether it is on the highway or right here in Issaquah, on any given day or night, road crews can be found working.
It is important for your safety and the safety of others to follow these simple rules:
- Slow down — speeding is a major problem in construction zones.
- Give space between vehicles — maintain proper distance to avoid rear-end collisions.
- Be patient — impatient, frustrated drivers tend to take chances they might not otherwise take.
- Be observant for alternative traffic signs, devices and detours.
- If possible, find an alternative route.
- Move over for emergency vehicles.
The key is to always be safe and be patient!