Back to School Essentials
August 17, 2010
- The first day of school is Aug. 31 this year, prior to the Labor Day holiday. To see when your child begins and ends school, refer to the bell-time schedule.
- Basic statistics: The Issaquah School District serves more than 16,000 students in a 110-square mile area. It has 15 elementary schools, five middle schools, three comprehensive high schools, an alternative high school and oversees education at Echo Glen Children’s Center, the state juvenile detention center.
- Family Access is an online tool that allows students and parents to view their educational records, including test scores, attendance records and class schedules. Families with secondary school students also have access to grades. Login or get more information about obtaining your password at www.issaquah.wednet.edu/family. If you don’t already have a password, obtain it from your school secretary or registrar by showing photo identification.
- Verify your elementary school student’s enrollment by replying to the district’s lime-green postcard sent out in late July, call your student’s school or go here. This helps district officials know how many elementary school teachers are needed. High school students verify enrollment by obtaining their schedules through Family Access and going through the registration and student verification process.
- School supplies vary from school to school and grade to grade. For a complete list for your student, contact his or her school or find the school site here.
- Finding out what bus to catch is easy. Families can enter their address at the district’s E-LINK page to get their child’s route information.
- Lunch menus have gone high tech. See what’s on your child’s school lunch menu —along with nutritional information — days in advance here. Parents can also put money into students’ lunch accounts and monitor purchasing history at www.mylunchmoney.com.
- If your student is a middle or high school athlete, make sure you have obtained, filled out and had a physician sign off on the school athletic participation packet for the 2010-11 school year. Find the forms here.