Metro reminds bus riders of holiday schedule changes
November 9, 2010
King County Metro Transit riders should prepare for reduced service in upcoming weeks, starting Nov. 11, Veterans Day.
The transit agency operates on a reduced weekday schedule on several holidays through January — including a full week of reduced service at the end of December.
The planned reductions arrive during a period when Metro usually has 20 percent to 40 percent fewer weekday riders. On several of the upcoming holidays, Metro uses a Sunday schedule.
Find a complete list of the affected routes here. The reduced weekday schedule and regular fares take effect for:
- Thursday, Nov. 11 — Veterans Day
- Friday, Nov. 26 — the day after Thanksgiving
- Friday, Dec. 24 — Christmas Eve
- Monday through Friday, Dec. 27-31 — winter holiday period, including New Year’s Eve
- Monday, Jan. 17 — Martin Luther King Jr. Day
Expect Sunday schedules and fares on the following holidays:
- Thursday, Nov. 25 — Thanksgiving
- Saturday, Dec. 25 — Christmas
- Saturday, Jan. 1 — New Year’s Day
During the reduced weekday schedules, some commuter and school-oriented routes do not operate, and other routes have individual trips canceled.