10 local students place on talented youth test
November 9, 2010
Ten students in the Issaquah School District received recognition from the Johns Hopkins University Center for Talented Youth at an Oct. 9 awards ceremony at Seattle Pacific University.
For the past 30 years, the Center for Talented Youth has conducted national and international talent searches to find the best and brightest students, according to the program website. During the search, students take a test designed for students much older than they are. How the high-performing students score helps the organization identify their gifted academic areas.
The students in second through sixth grades include:
- Zoe Chau, Discovery Elementary School
- Isha Kshirsagar, Discovery Elementary School
- Naomi O’Neil, Endeavour Elementary School
- Shiven Raina, Apollo Elementary School
- Anish Rao, Sunny Hills Elementary School
- Cameron Wu, Endeavour Elementary School
- Michelle Zhang, The Bear Creek Lower School
The students in seventh and eighth grades include:
- Chelsea Kwon, Issaquah Middle School
- James Pratt, Issaquah Middle School
- Jenny Hu, Beaver Lake Middle School