ArtEAST seeks photo exhibit submissions
May 24, 2011
ArtEAST is hosting its second juried photographic exhibition, Your Best Shot II, from Aug. 5-28. There are no subject restrictions, and photographers of all skill levels and techniques are invited to submit work.
Photographers do not have to be members of artEAST to participate; however, they must reside in the Puget Sound area. The submission guidelines are:
- Artists may submit up to three original completed works. Exhibited works must be a film or digital photograph processed using normal wet or digital darkroom techniques. Digital art loosely derived from photographs will not be juried or included in the show. All photographs should have been made in the past 24 months. Decisions of the jury and curator are final.
- 2-D work should not exceed 24-by-24 inches, including framing; special consideration will be given to larger pieces on a case-by-case basis
- All 2-D work must be framed or gallery-wrapped canvas, and wired ready to hang (claw teeth hangars on frames are not acceptable).
- Artists are welcome to provide high quality note cards (sleeved and individually inventoried) of their juried original works for sale in the gallery during the exhibition.
- For the photography show only, a duplicate of the juried artwork may replace a sold artwork on the wall, but to preserve the integrity of the exhibition, an artist may not remove artwork until the replacement is ready to hang.
The submission deadline is midnight, June 11. The art delivery date is Aug. 3, from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. An opening reception is from 6-8 p.m. Aug. 13.
Call curator Jamie McKay at 392-3191 or email email@example.com.