Issaquah School District essentials
August 23, 2011
• The first day of school is set for Aug. 30. Note the day is prior to Labor Day this year. For the bell time for your school, go to your school’s website or www.issaquah.wednet.edu/schools/belltimes.aspx.
• Basic stats: The Issaquah School District has more than 17,000 students and covers a 110-square mile area. The district includes 15 elementary schools, five middle schools and three comprehensive high schools. There is also the alternative Tiger Mountain High School and the Echo Glen Children’s Center in Snoqualmie. The latter is part of the district and is Washington state’s juvenile detention facility.
• District website: The main district Web address is www.issaquah.wednet.edu. Look on the right side of the main page for links important for any given month. For example, “August Links” include “School bell times for 2011” and “Annual verification of elementary enrollment.” For August, the monthly links will take you to many of the direct links given in this column. Look on the left side of the district’s website for links to coming events.
• Verify enrollment: According to the district website, lime green enrollment verification postcards were sent to elementary school families in July. Parents are asked to follow the instructions on the cards. You also can verify your children’s elementary school enrollment at www.issaquah.wednet.edu/district/enrollment/elemverify.aspx.
• Family Access: A link to this website sits at the bottom right of the district main page. This site provides parents and students online access to student information, including test scores, attendance, class schedules and immunization records. Parents or students need a password to log in to Family Access. If you’ve forgotten your password, you can get a new one sent to the e-mail address on file with the district. If you have questions about Family Access logins, contact your middle school or high school registrar or your elementary school secretary.
• School supplies vary by building. You can find what your child needs on the website for each individual school. If you don’t know the web address for your school, go to the main district site www.issaquah.wednet.edu. Click on “Our Schools” to find a link to your child’s school site.
• Bus routes: You can find your child’s bus route and schedule at www.issaquah.wednet.edu/family/transportation/elink.aspx. You will be redirected to E-Link 2011, which will display your attendance area school, your bus number, the nearest stop to your house, and pick-up and drop-off times.