Join Salmon Days Festival as volunteer at Wednesday sign-up
September 6, 2011
NEW — 4 p.m. Sept. 6, 2011
Salmon Days Festival organizers need folks to — pardon the pun — swim on down to Pickering Barn on Wednesday to sign up as festival volunteers.
The festival sign-up party is 5:30-7:30 p.m. at the barn, 1730 10th Ave. N.W. Participants receive a free Ohfishal designer Salmon Days Volunteer T-shirt and enjoy dinner, courtesy of Timber Ridge at Talus.
Organizers need festival volunteers to spend for a few hours selling retail items, assist arts vendors by booth sitting for a short time and complete many other tasks. The available tasks include:
- Booth Ohfishals — Assist in chalking streets for booth locations and directing vendors.
- Booth Sitter — Give festival artists a break by watching their booths.
- Field of Fun — Pitch in during Field of Fun activities!
- Food Depot — Assist in compostable product distribution.
- Goodwill — Deliver shopping bags and information to the vendors.
- Grande Parade — Greet and direct participants, escort and pace participants, and disperse the parade.
- Hospitality — Put together and deliver welcome packages to Spawnsors.
- Information Booths — Give directions and answer questions.
- Parking — Assist in parking, signage placement and removal.
- Refuse Rangers — Collect trash as a Refuse Ranger.
- Retail —Sell Salmon Days merchandise to festivalgoers.
- Rotary Run — Assist in registration, starting line, water, route, or finish line.
- Shuttle — Assist at shuttle booths at Salmon Days.
- Survey Takers — Find out where attendees migrate from and more.
- Tech Team — Assist in festival set-up and break down, hang banners and complete other physical tasks.
- Volunteer Chair — Assist in volunteer check-in at headquarters.