Parenting group gains new space in Issaquah Highlands
September 27, 2011
With an office in Blakely Hall on Park Drive in Issaquah, nonprofit, social service group Encompass opened its first brick-and-mortar presence in the city earlier this month.
The new office will serve as a hub for parenting classes, toddler groups and other Issaquah-based services and will be staffed three days a week.
Classes and activities offered at Blakely Hall this fall will include:
- “Strengthening Families,” a series for middle-school children and their parents, 5:30-8 p.m. Wednesdays starting Oct. 5, free, with dinner provided.
- “Early Learning Enrichment Group” for toddlers, preschoolers and kindergartners, 9:45-11 a.m. Tuesdays starting Oct. 4. Cost is $175 per 10-week quarter.
- Developmental screenings for infants, toddlers, preschoolers and kindergarten students, 9:30-11 a.m., the second Tuesday of each month starting Oct. 11, free.
- Personalized Parenting Support, consultations for parents of children of all ages, by appointment beginning Sept. 29. Cost is $45 per 50-minute session.
- Green Halloween Costume Swap, 5-8 p.m. Oct. 7, free. Gently used costumes can be dropped off prior to the event 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Oct. 3-5 and 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Oct. 6.
Additionally, Encompass Issaquah offers a free “Emotion Coaching” parent workshop 6-8 p.m. Oct. 5 at the YWCA Family Village at Issaquah Commons, 949 N.E. Ingram St. The workshop is full, but an online wait list is available.
“Encompass Issaquah is a significant milestone for our 45-year-old nonprofit organization,” Encompass Executive Director Gregory Malcolm said in a press release. “For the past 24 years, Encompass has provided in-home therapy for Issaquah School District families with young children who have developmental challenges, and in recent years we have enhanced our Issaquah-based activities for all families.”
The new office is at 2550 N.E. Park Drive. Hours are from 9:30 a.m. to noon, Tuesday through Thursday. Learn more at www.encompassnw.org or call 295-2180.