Salmon Days Festival spawns street closures
September 27, 2011
Motorists should prepare to brake for salmon Oct. 1-2 as more than 100,000 people migrate to Issaquah for the Salmon Days Festival.
The festival and the opening Grande Parade spawn road closures on streets in the historic downtown and the business district. Motorists should prepare for daylong closures on both festival days.
The following streets close from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. Oct. 1-2 for the festival:
- Front Street from Newport Way Southwest to Northwest Gilman Boulevard
- East Sunset Way from Second Avenue Southeast to Newport Way Northwest
- Rainier Boulevard South and First Avenue Southeast from East Sunset Way to the Issaquah Community Center, 301 Rainier Blvd. S.
- Southeast Bush Street and Southeast Andrews Street from Second Avenue Southeast to Front Street South
- First Place Northeast and First Avenue Northwest from West Sunset Way to Northwest Dogwood Street
The following streets close from 9 a.m. to noon Oct. 1 for the Grande Parade:
- 12th Avenue Northwest from Northwest Maple Street to Northwest Gilman Boulevard
The following streets close from 8 a.m. to noon Oct. 2 for the Issaquah Rotary Run:
- Seventh Avenue Northwest, Second Avenue Northwest and Fourth Avenue Northwest
- Rainier Boulevard North from Northwest Dogwood Street to Northwest Juniper Street
Police posted signs last week to alert motorists to the impending closures. The city also posts detour information during the festival.