Maker of Excedrin, Bufferin announces recall

January 23, 2012

By Staff

NEW — 3 p.m. Jan. 23, 2012

The makers of Excedrin brand pain reliever and other products, Novartis Consumer Health, Inc., has announced a voluntarily recall of select bottles of Excedrin and NoDoz products with expiration dates of Dec. 20, 2014, or earlier.

Bufferin and Gas-X Prevention products with expiration dates of December 2013 or earlier also are part of the recall.

According to a release from Novartis, the items are being recalled as precautionary measure because the products may contain stray tablets, capsules or caplets from other Novartis products or could contain broken or chipped tablets.

Also according to Novartis, the company is not aware of any adverse health events related to problems with the products. If you have any questions or believe you are experiencing an adverse event, you should contact your physician or healthcare provider. Consumers should also report the adverse event to Novartis Consumer Relationship Center by calling toll free 888-477-2403, Monday through Sunday, 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. Eastern Time.

If you have any questions about the voluntary recall or how to obtain a refund from Novartis Consumer Health, go to www.novartisotc.com.

Some of the items being recalled my have been sold at local Costco outlets. Consumers who purchased recalled items from Costco, can return those items to a Costco warehouse or Novartis Consumer Health for a full refund.

Other Stories of Interest:

Comments

118 Responses to “Maker of Excedrin, Bufferin announces recall”

1. donna on January 23rd, 2012 4:24 pm

Has anyone else had side effect of not thinking clearly?? My husband had it first and a few days later I had it. I thought maybe our carbon monoxcide detecter wasn’t working properly but when I went to the store and saw all the excedrin gone off the shelf, and knowing this is the only pain releiver we have used in years, I ask my husband if he had taken any and he said yes and I had too. I kept the suppy we have and have stopped taking it.

2. Larissa on January 23rd, 2012 6:18 pm

So what’s going on with Excedrin is this the only thing broken pills or something else.,.. I’m really worried as I have been taking Excedrin for the las 22 years…Please help me find out if other issues with this product.

Thanks

3. Anonymous on January 23rd, 2012 6:50 pm

These are the only pills that help my migraine headaches… im down to my last 2

4. Carolyn Wilson on January 23rd, 2012 9:26 pm

I really think that the recall on Excedrin is complete BS, I can understand it being recalled if I could take something else for my excruciating migraines but I can’t because I am allergic to everything else and can’t going to the hospital every time I have a ridiculous migraine. Put the Excedrin back because that’s the number one thing that actually works besides Tylenol PM or your generics that don’t do squat…..

5. KRISTIE on January 24th, 2012 7:04 am

I seen this recall on Excedrin PM. I had no idea it was for Excedrin Migraine as well. Honestly, if would have known it was all Excedrin I would have gone to the store to buy more Excedrin Migraine before they took it off the shelf. I suffer from Migraines and the only thing that helps is Excedrin Migraine. I went to the store this weekend for some and all they had was Advil Migrane :( I took 6 pills and STILL had a migraine. I ended up going to ER for an injection to rid myself of the weekend long migraine. PLEASE BRING EXCEDRIN MIGRAINE BACK!!!!!!

6. carl b on January 24th, 2012 11:42 am

I too miss the excedrin headache medication,it really works for me, headache relief in 10-15 minutes, u must return it to store shelves asap. Thanks

7. Tom B on January 24th, 2012 2:06 pm

Do you have any time line when lay will be back on the shelf ? it is the ONLY product that will relive my head ache ? I have tried everything else.

8. zhanna on January 24th, 2012 5:30 pm

I am not positive, but I am pretty sure its still available at any grocery store in the small 2 pill packets. I picked one up last week because my mom said she couldn’t find my excedrin at the pharmacy. If you live in a city with deli’s…thats your best bet. And mine for that matter.
    I feel like my migraine just got worse after finding out I won’t be able to suppress it. UGH

9. Veronica on January 24th, 2012 8:28 pm

when will the product be back on the shelfs.

10. Veronica on January 24th, 2012 8:30 pm

when will excedrin migraine be back on the shelfs.

11. Tephanie Dural on January 25th, 2012 10:14 am

I have been on Excedrin migraine for 12 years, after trying all other medications on the shelf and with prescriptions. The only thing that worked for me was Excedrin Migraine. I can continue with my duties and feel very energetic. This was a God sent pill for me. When will it be back on shelves? I really need this medication! Does anybody know when they will be back?

12. Debbie on January 25th, 2012 11:33 am

Been taking for 20 years only thing that cures my headaches from allergies when are they coming back I cannot function without them, I hope soon

13. kim on January 25th, 2012 11:37 am

PLEASE bring them back. I suffer from headaches everyday. Without the excedrin for migraines I will not be able to function. can’t afford to go to the hospital every week!!!

14. Lori A. Spoom on January 25th, 2012 11:54 am

Please bring back excederin soon. This is the only pill that helps with my migraines.

15. stacey thompson on January 25th, 2012 12:10 pm

if yall dont put that excedrin back on that self damit you better!!!!!!!!! i am pissed!! i dont care if it had heron in it its the only thing that will work for me and no i did not turn mine in for recall in fear that i wont get any more and i cant live without it, my head hurts so bad i got to go to the hospital now,and i hope you didnt get busted for perkusetes being in it and take it out like you made a mistake when you know well it was in there all along,and take it out and it dont work any more…..please if thats what happen please dont change it and sneak it back in i need it…..my dam head hurts bad im not going to be able to live !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!hurry and put it back on please

16. alice on January 25th, 2012 12:13 pm

please let me know when I can find excedrin migraine again.

17. susie on January 25th, 2012 12:51 pm

When are excedrins going to be back on the shelves??????????????????????///

18. charlotte m. on January 25th, 2012 1:20 pm

I need my excedrin. Does anyone know when it will be back on the shelves. can you buy it on ebay. i think i would pay anything for this because of my headaches. let me know.

19. Tanya on January 25th, 2012 7:46 pm

I found out yesterday that Excedrin was taken off the shelves due to a recall. I’ve been taking it since 1998 and it’s the only thing that seems to help with my migraines and headaches that I get on a regular basis. I have purchased a generic brand in the mean time, CVS or something like that which contains the similar ingredients as Excedrin migraine, but it doesn’t bring the same relief. It only takes the edge of a little, but the headache is still there. I’m wondering if anyone has heard when it will be back on the shelves.?????

20. karwn on January 26th, 2012 5:36 am

Please put Excedrin back on the market! Its the only thing that works for migraines and headaches!!!!

21. Lue A. Waterman on January 26th, 2012 6:53 am

I personally love Excedrin Migrain! Its one of the very BEST products that one can buy over the counter to help with migrains. I would greatly appriciate it if you would let me know when I can expect this product back on store shelfs? Again Excedrin Migraine is a AWESOME PRODUCT, and I am So Looking forward to seeing back on shelfs! Thank You

22. Cheri Roche on January 26th, 2012 8:03 am

Please bring exceerin back it is th only pain reliever that helps my headaches

23. Fred on January 26th, 2012 8:19 am

My wife and I have been taking them for 20 yrs. They are the only thing that works and you can count on it. This is HORRIBLE !! When will they be back?

24. Cherie on January 26th, 2012 8:52 am

Why doesn’t the manufacturer please answer our question of when this will be available again.!? Please hurry…..I have been taking Excedrin for 30+ years and swear by it. I feel like I lost a good friend. HURRY UP>>>>>>and please put out a statement so we have something to look forward to……

25. Donna Bradway on January 26th, 2012 9:41 am

Please send out another notification as to when Excedrin Migraine will be back on the shelves. Like everyone else that has commented already, I have been dealing with migraines for 12yrs and Excedrin is the only thing that works. You really can’t appreciate the significance unless you suffer from them. They will disable you and you can lose an entire day or even weekend without relief. Excedrin is my relief. Please let us know ASAP.

26. Kim on January 26th, 2012 1:02 pm

I totally depend on Excedtine, especially exceeding migrane. Please put it beck on the market ASAP!!!

27. Chris B. on January 26th, 2012 4:06 pm

Just a question. When will it be back on the shelves. Do the stores know?

28. heather ST.JOHN on January 26th, 2012 5:45 pm

I HAVE SUFFER FROM HEADACHES SINCE I WAS 17 YOU REALLY REALLY NEED TO PUT THEM BACK ON THE SHELEVES PLEASE MY HEADACHES ARE SO BAD THAT I HAVE TO TURN EVERYTHING OFF CLOSE MY CURTAINS AND LAY BACK I NEED THEM LET US KNOW WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON PLEASE OMG WE NEED THIS DRUG THIS IS THE ONLY THING THATS WORKS FOR ME …..

29. cynthia anderson on January 26th, 2012 6:27 pm

Good eveningto the makers of excedrine migrane. In my youth I have had challenges with headaches whethter they were tension,pms or really migrane headaches nothing gave me instant relief like excedrine migrane. I truly hope this matter is resolve quickly and safely for users of this product. This is the best over the counter product that’s nearly equal or better than a prescription. I realize safety is first but i am asking that nothing taken or decrease from this product. Thank you for the opportunity to share my deepest concern,

30. Cindy on January 27th, 2012 6:32 am

Okay, I’ve taken Excederin almost daily for the past 33 years, so you can imagine how much I miss it. I’ve been thinking about just trying a combination of the ingredients listed on the bottle – like one extra strength Tylenol, one 500mg aspirin and either a cup of coffee or a caffeine pill. That’s the exact ingredients in two Excederin pills – nothing more than that -, so I’m thinking it might work. I’ll let you know if it works

31. YVONNE SNELL on January 27th, 2012 7:32 am

PLEASE BRING BACK MY EXCEDRINES , I GET HEADACHES & THE ROUND WHITE ONES WITH THE E ON IT IS THE ONLY ONES THAT TAKES IT AWAY W/IN 10 – 15 MINS. IF U COULD JUST PUT THOSE BACK ON THE SELVES, AS WELL AS THE ROUND BLUE EXCEDRINE WITH THE PM ON IT. COULD U TELL ME WHEN.I DON’T KNOW WHAT I WILL DO W/OUT THEM. PLEASE HURRY . I’M DOWN TO MY LAST 2. ON EACH !!!!!!!! NEED ASAP !!!!!!!!!! PS ,I HAVE BEEN TAKING THIS PRODUCT FOR OVER 20 YRS.

32. Rita on January 27th, 2012 1:59 pm

What’s going on with Excedrin these are the only pills that help my headache, it really works for me, when will excedrin be back on the shelfs.

33. cheryl on January 27th, 2012 4:51 pm

I hope that Excedrin goes back on the shelves very soon. It is the only thing that I have ever found that works on my migraines. I love all excedrin products, Unlike some other products out there as far as pain relievers go they do what they say they will. Relief fast.

34. Don Masters on January 27th, 2012 5:18 pm

Have been taking excedrin for over fifty years.
    It`s like part of our family.

35. MB on January 28th, 2012 4:01 pm

If you are taking multiple Excedrin every day, you may be getting rebound headaches. I am a migraine sufferer, I have total empathy. But if you are taking it every day, it may well be CAUSING headaches. Excedrin contains caffeine and other things that cause as well as cure headaches. That having been said, I’m ticked off that there’s no Bufferin on the shelves!

36. Joan Price on January 29th, 2012 4:10 am

please, please, tell me about when the excedrin, extra strength will be back in the stores.

37. brucutu on January 29th, 2012 6:56 am

please, put back on the shelves the rapid relese gel caps of exedrin.please,please…………………….please,i need bad for my headache.

38. dijb on January 29th, 2012 9:57 am

When will Bufferin be back on the market? I have been taking it for fifty years and over that period of time I have had three different doctors tell me it is the best product for arthritis pain relief. I agree. Not only for arthritis but headaches and muscle pain. Having the buffered coating keeps me from an upset stomach which any other pain reliever (including Excedrin and anything with ibuprofen) does not.

39. laura gonzalez on January 30th, 2012 1:26 pm

I need to know how long…..before I can go to the store and get my EXEDRIN again, please let us know how much longer????????

40. Mary Lund on January 30th, 2012 4:11 pm

Please get this medication back on the shelves ASAP. The world is already too crazy.

41. Anonymous on January 31st, 2012 5:21 am

go to amazon and get them, I just ordered some. I too suffer from migraines and have taken them for years. I am completely out too so I got on amazon just to see and they have some. Little more than I wanted to pay but to kill a headache well worth the shipping.

42. Mary Heverling on January 31st, 2012 8:27 am

When is Excedrin Migraine returning? It’s the ONLY THING that takes my headaches away almost immediately!!!

43. inpain on January 31st, 2012 11:34 am

Is this some kind of plot to get more business for hospitals or doctors or is this a ploy to control this so you can only get it by prescription and pay more? I RELY on Excedrin to get rid of my headaches and have been using it for years. Ibupropin, Tylenol and all those other weak drugs DO NOT WORK. Since the recall, I’ve been out of Excedrin and am having some very nasty headaches, so bad I may need to go to the hospital before my head splits open!! The public needs to know what’s up and when they will be on the market again and we need to know now! I’m sure there are a lot of people like me.

44. nadia moretto on January 31st, 2012 3:15 pm

i have been taken excedrin extra strentgh its the only thing that will work for my headach;s if they will discontinue this product i dont know what i can take ..please help me with what else i can take that can do the same effect as excedrin has done for me thanks

45. nadia moretto on January 31st, 2012 3:17 pm

i have been taken excedrin extra strentgh its the only thing that will work for my headach;s if they will discontinue this product i dont know what i can take ..please help me with what else can i take that will give me the same effects as excedrin has done for me in the past 20 years

46. Cindy Rurey on February 1st, 2012 8:31 am

Hurry up and put Excedrin Migraine back on the shelves! I took my last pill this morning and it is the only thing that subdues my headaches. Hurry, hurry, hurry!!!

47. V Buggs on February 2nd, 2012 12:25 pm

Just want to know when Excedrins will be back on the shelf.

48. Sharon on February 2nd, 2012 8:23 pm

I have been an avid user of Excedrin for thirty years, it is the only thing that worked for my headaches. Since it was taken from the shelves I was forced to try alternatives again and am HAPPY to report that Safeway brand has the exact same ingredients. I have been using it for the last few days and it actually works!!!! YEAH!!! I will go back to the real deal once it is back but in the meantime give it a try, it is cheaper too.

49. Susan Harrell on February 4th, 2012 4:10 am

I would just like to say that my husband and i have tried everything since excedrins were pulled i have had migraines since i was five yrs old and excedrin extra strength is the ONLY ONE thats come close to ease it and saves me multiple trips to er!! When can we hope to see them again?

50. Nancy on February 6th, 2012 1:07 pm

My entire family ONLY takes Extra strength Excedrin. It’s the only thing I buy. I thought it was just a fluke when Sams called me to return the bottle that I purchased in 2007…that has been gone since 2007, there are 5 of us. So now we are hoarding our last few pills not wanting to squander them on a random headache when we know the big one is coming. I really need to know when they’re coming back…..otherwise people will be selling their stash on the street like crack.

51. katie on February 6th, 2012 5:04 pm

i also used excedrin migraine everyday and became very worried when there was nothing else with asprin tylonal and caffine in it. i found some generic at target though!!!

52. christine on February 7th, 2012 8:23 pm

when is Excedrin coming back on the Shelves we use this all the time it helps my headaches thank you

53. Bonnie on February 8th, 2012 4:16 am

How long will the Excedrin be off the shelves? Nothing else works on my migraines.

54. maggie on February 9th, 2012 3:53 pm

Wow. This sounds like an NA meeting. Talk about addictive. Not to mention none of these people can’s speak proper english. I get migraines also and took Excedrin. I ended up in the hospital with stroke like symptoms. I’m wondering now if it was related to the medication. These people all sound strung out on it.

55. Roz Davis on February 9th, 2012 4:23 pm

just called Excedrin headquarters…. they have no idea when it’ll be back on shelves. I asked weeks or months? and still said we have no idea. :(

56. moore on February 11th, 2012 2:15 pm

Couldn’t they just put out something in the way of a TV ad telling everyone what’s going on?

57. Lianne on February 11th, 2012 7:21 pm

i need my effin excedrine people!!!! this is nonsense for reelz

58. Jane on February 11th, 2012 9:22 pm

My father took Excedrin daily for headaches and has been having problems with thinking clearly for the past two months and the doctors cant seem to find out the reason why.

59. joan clowers on February 12th, 2012 7:11 pm

excedrin migraine is the only thing that will help my headache, except for a prescription, which i prefer not to get. so please hurry and get them back in the stores.

60. Jan on February 15th, 2012 4:04 pm

I to take excedrin for headaches and it is the only thing that works. I had the pharmacist check the ingredients of the other pain killers. Excedin has three active ingredients and we found Vanquish has the same three ingredients. With Vanquish you will have to take 3 instead of 2 because the strength is a little less. I tried it and it works. I hope this can help everyone

61. Annie on February 16th, 2012 2:03 pm

Please get Extra Strength Excedrin back on the shelves as soon as you possibly can. I take it every day. I am currently taking Vanquish, which just does not work for me. I have discovered that I can order the small 2 pill packs in bulk on Amazon.com so I may be doing that tonight. But I really want to see all the Excedrin products back on the shelf. And also – to all of you who have posted here – Excedrin Migraine and Extra Strength Excedrin have the SAME EXACT active ingredients. Just different packaging.

62. Maggie on February 17th, 2012 1:42 pm

I want my Excedrin back! It’s the only non-narcotic pain reliever that can take away one of my horrible migraines! Baby come back- don’t leave me this way!!!!

63. Brenda on February 17th, 2012 6:56 pm

When is excedrins coming back out,that is all i can take for my headachs,nothing else works,so now i’ll be in pain.Put them back out soon.

64. Larry on February 20th, 2012 5:05 pm

I checked this morning with Novartis (the makers of excedrin) and they don’t have a time frame yet of when Excedrin will return to the shelves in Costco, Grocery stores etc, they did say you can buy it in the 2 per packets at small markets which is crazy for people who take it daily. Something sounds strange about this, why its taking so long. I figure either they want to make it a perscription drug and charge more or something is seriouly wrong with how their making it or? If your aware of the three ingredients, aspirin, acetaminophen 325mg and caffeine 65mg, then you should be able to take 1 tylenol 325mg, 1 aspirin and drink a cup of coffee or tea or a soda and have the same effect. However some people have tried that and it doesn’t work! So what is really in Excedrin that we don’t know about and did they finally get caught! Whatever the case I agree with everyone else, BRING IT BACK WE NEED IT!!

65. Nealean on February 24th, 2012 8:40 am

I have only found excedrin pm or excedrin migrane to work on my migrains other then for the doctor to put me on a med close to morphine I need the medicine put back on the shelf please I get migranes due to my having cerebral palsy please help

66. lanell dugat on February 25th, 2012 12:02 pm

Please, Why make us suffer, Do you suffer with headaches? Do you care that we are not just customers, we are begging for pain relief.

67. diane on February 26th, 2012 10:39 am

I too took exedrin migraine,its the only thing that helps.went and had a upper g I done,the dr ask me if I took exedrine and I said yes,he told me to stop taking them that it was causing thinning of lining in stomach.i told him that I’ve taken it for years and will continue it whenever they get it back on the self,headaches are no fun.

68. Billie Roberson on February 28th, 2012 7:06 pm

When will my Bufferin be back on the shelves. I need them..!!!!! I have taken these as prescribed by the Dr I worked for. They were for my constant headaches and is the only medication I use for this purpose. I take it for all pains.. PLEASE get it back on the shelves……..

69. Billie Roberson on February 28th, 2012 7:07 pm

I need my BUFFERIN please get them back on the shelves. They help my head and my arthritis.. Hurry

70. Margaret Powers on March 2nd, 2012 8:17 am

Sirs: I have been taking Excedrin for many years for Sinus headaches and just regular aches. I cannot tolerate the ingredients in regular (Bayer) asprin as it irritates my stomach, but Excedrin does not. I hope you will hurry up and bring back your products to our pharmacies and grocery stores. CAN YOU GIVE US AN APPROXIMATE TIME OR DATE?…….THANK YOU.

71. carol on March 2nd, 2012 8:40 pm

I suffer from horrible migranes and I’ve tried everything you can think of… but nothing works like my Excedrin Migrane! I’m getting so worried that it won’t be back any time soon or at all…please Novartis labs,have mercy on US and for the millions of people that can’t live without them! this is a very serious matter… don’t change anything about these pills PLEASE!!!

72. Kat on March 2nd, 2012 8:49 pm

I have been taking Excederin for the last 30 plus years – It has been the ONLY thing that has helped…. PERIOD.. Tried all others — UNTIL, they pulled it off the shelve and I was in a panic… Someone told me about “Equate” from Walmart… I thought – SURE — They have several types of Equate. I FINALLY FIND THE RIGHT ONE. It has ALL 3 of the SAME Active ingredients as Excederin (and 9 out of the 11or 13 inactive ingredients) that Excederin has…. I tried it — being very skeptical….GUESS WHAT — IT WORKED — After 35 years of trying other brands. Cost is only $4 for two bottles (100 caps in each)… TRY IT —- I waited until a week of trying them to make sure — You can still buy packets of Excederin, which will cost a fortune – cause I was buying them that way – desperate — At least try the Equate for a week and see — BUT BE SURE TO GET THE RIGHT EQUATE “– ACTIVE INGREDIENT: Acetaminophen – 250 mg; Asprin – 250 mg; Caffeine – 65 mg; The other Equate is like tylenol – so check the ingrediants AND GOOD LUCK – worth the try at least…

73. Emily on March 7th, 2012 9:39 am

Its the only thing that works for my cramps but I been getting titness in my throat?

74. ZELINE WILLIAMS on March 8th, 2012 9:00 am

I LOVE EXCEDRIN – IT A VERY EXCELLENT DRUG ESPECIALLY FOR HEADACHES AND PAIN – PLEASE PUT BACK ON THE SHELF- OR LET ME KNOW CAN I PURCHASE OFF THE INTERNET. I BELIEVE THEY KNOW EXCEDRIN AND TYLENOL WORK BECAUSE THE DRUGS FROM THE DOCTORS PRESCRIBED DOES NOT WORK. THEY JUST WANT SOCIETY TO PURCHASED THE PHARMACY DRUGS. YES, EXCEDRIN AND TYLENOL IS KICKING BUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!

75. Kechia Shuford on March 8th, 2012 3:54 pm

I am so upset!! This is the only medicine that helps my migranes.I thought I was losing my mind when I couldn’t find them at 2 stores, then after 4 I flipped out! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get them back on the shelves FAST!!! Thanks!

76. Kelly Blake on March 9th, 2012 1:36 pm

Please let us know when to expect Excederin Migraine back on the shelves! It’s the only medicine that takes my Migraines away. I’m completely out! Thank you.

77. Long Legs on March 9th, 2012 1:51 pm

Please bring excedrin back soon. My family has been taking them since they were put on the market. It is the only thing that works for me. Hope they will return soon, not looking for a substitute as of yet, But will have to soon allergy seasons is upon us and it is the only thing that works for my sinuses. All EXCEDRIN TAKERS, KEEP THE FAITH!!!!!THAT THEY WILL RETURN!

78. sharmel wrenn on March 10th, 2012 3:38 am

I suffer from a swollen brain and discovered excedrine helped me with my pain. Imagine my problem since they took excedrine off the shelf!! I’ve driven over 200 miles out of my city and could not find 1 pack or 1 bottle of my favorite pain reliever. Please bring excedrine back. This recall has gone on long enough!!!!

79. queenie payne on March 10th, 2012 9:46 pm

Please put them back in the stores.They really help my migraine headaches alot with a peppermint. Please,Please. Thank You.

80. DJ on March 14th, 2012 8:13 am

I have been taking excederin for over 25 years. It is the only thing that works for me. I found a generic form but it is NOT the same thing, it’s weak. My sister also need it for her migranes. At least let us know when they will be back on the shelves.

81. neilla on March 15th, 2012 8:22 pm

all the comments but what is the answer–when will excederin be back on the shelves?

82. Kornelia Lerner on March 20th, 2012 2:51 am

Please bring back the Exedrin for Migrain

83. Frank K. Maimone on March 20th, 2012 7:57 am

I have been taking 4 excederin for the past 20 + years with breakfast. It has been a great help to me, where other products didn’t help. When will I be able to buy it again.

84. Anonymous on March 21st, 2012 11:56 am

This is insane. All these people that are suffering because of someone elses mistake. We spend our hard earned dollars on the excedrin because it works and nobody has the decency to answer any of our questions. All we want is to know how much longer you are going to make us suffer with these migraines or other pains.

85. Terra on March 22nd, 2012 8:25 am

I need my Excedrins back…its the only thing that takes away my migraines and i have been suffering from them…my family has to suffer 2….I’m sick of bein in pain and cranky…i have a 2yr old at home that needs a happy mommy during the day…she is not gettin the happy mommy she should….all because I dont have my excedrins like I need……..where can (We Suffering People) buy our Excedrins at??? Please tell us!!

86. gloria cheers on March 22nd, 2012 9:31 am

please let me know when excedrin will be back on the market. i really need , and

87. Tanya on March 22nd, 2012 9:18 pm

Please someone tell us when excedrin will be back in the stores. I always buy a big bottle and I am almost out.

88. Peggy Sue on March 24th, 2012 8:02 pm

My number one pill is extra strength excedrin, I take it for migrains, and all of my pains. My doctor told me to stop taking it, because it can damage my liver,
    ( I bet she never had a migrain). When I get a migrain I take 1 excedrin and a warm bath, with in a half hour I can go about my normal day. Please bring back extra strength EXCEDRIN…PLEASE………………………..

89. peggy v. on April 2nd, 2012 10:45 am

well i just bought 4 bottles at double the price they normally go for from ebay so a lot of good the recall is doing. it was worth it.

90. Jo on April 2nd, 2012 1:49 pm

Just got an e-mail from the makers of Excedrin (2 April 2012). They said the estimated date for Excedrin to be back on the shelves is mid-year. Hopefully, that means it might be back in the stores in June. That is their estimate. They did not say whether they would announce it prior to. If all excedrin fans are lucky, we may only have a couple more months before we will see that familiar box again in the stores. Thought folks would like to know the latest. Remember though, that is their estimate. What I don’t understand is the reason, they say, for the recall is a mix up in the medicines. Why is it taking this long to straighten it out? Something rotten, it sounds like, in excedrin land. Oh well, can’t wait until it comes back on the market.

91. HMMM on April 6th, 2012 10:09 pm

I too suffer with migraines. I also take excedrin but not excedrin migraine, excedrin extra strength has the exact same ingredients at a cheaper price. Since the removal of excedrin from our shelves I have found a few other products with the exact same active ingrediensts as excedrin and they do work the same. But of course everyone is different so just speaking for myself.

92. Alice C. on April 19th, 2012 9:58 pm

I’ve used Excedrin for 20 years, It’s the only thing that works for my headaches and my back pain. Can you tell me when excedrin will be back on the maeket? I need my Excedrin……

93. Karen S. on April 22nd, 2012 12:53 am

I really need Excedrin Migraine! Please bring it back as soon as possible!

94. Anonymous on April 24th, 2012 11:05 am

thats complete BS…there is nothing on the news about this product being a problem…i have used this for years and its the only thing that get rids of my migraines…I just don’t understand why this is happening

95. Bernice on April 26th, 2012 3:50 pm

I am down to my last six excedrin tablets. Excedrin is the only thing that gets rid of my headaches usually within ten minutes. I ignored the recall because my bottle was almost empy and I have not expriences any problems. When can we purchase them again. It has been months since the recall and I am running out.

96. MARY BARDWELL on April 29th, 2012 2:21 pm

PLEASE PLEASE GET EXCEDRIN MIGRAINE BACK ON THE MARKET

EXCEDRIN WORKS PLEASE PLEASE HELP

97. ■ Anonymous on April 30th, 2012 1:27 pm

I am in constant pain.due to a variety of physical problems. I have been using Bufferin for over 45 years. It is the ONLY aspirin product I can tolerate. Please return it to the shelves now.

Thank you.

98. Anonymous on May 2nd, 2012 5:37 am

In the first place no company will ever be honest with the public, they can look you straight in the eye & swear up & down with a straight face as they say lying through their teeth. Their is no reason they cannot be truthful but that is how they are today which is very sad

99. Anonymous on May 2nd, 2012 12:06 pm

There is nothing wrong with excedrin, I have been taking them since 1970″s and has never EVER had a problem. Now all of a sudden there SUPPOSE to be something wrong with them, THAT IS A BUNCH OF CRAP!!!!. They just want you to spend money running to the doctor, and pay more money . EXCEDRIN WORKS. They need to bring it back and take the ones off the shelf that don’t do anything.

100. Liz D. on May 2nd, 2012 12:13 pm

Bring Excedrin back, and don’t change anything about it. I have been taking excedrin since the 1970’s and has never had a problem. It is the only thing that works for me. I have use other products and nothing works like excedrin. PLEASE Bring EXCEDRIN BACK SOON!!!!!!

101. Head Ache Ma Ma on May 4th, 2012 9:53 pm

ITS ALL A BIG SCAM!!! TYLENOL BOUGHT THE COMPANY OUT AND HAS NO INTENTION OF EVER GIVING US BACK THE ONLY THING THAT REALLY WORKS!!

102. Krissi on May 6th, 2012 10:22 am

ATTENTION: To all Excedrin customers,
    Everyone is asking when will these prodts be placed back on the shelves. The companies answer to this question is, “We are not sure when they will put them back on the shelf “. The reason they recalled these medicines is because there’s a possibility of there being medicine in the bottle other than what is supposed to be in the bottle. And because of chipped or broken pills/capsules. Now I know having broken pills in our bottles doesn’t really matter to us, but as upset as I am, and with the pain that I have, you must take into consideration the fact that what if a migraine sufferer takes their Excedrin not knowing that a pill other than Excedrin is in their bottle. Now you MUST take into consideration, what if they are allergic to this other medicine? How would you feel if your child died from a severe allergic reaction called anafalactic shock (probably not spelled correctly ), and because of this reaction, your child died! These are things that you should take into consideration when saying things like you wish they would put it back on the shelf even if it did have something else in it, even if it had a hard drug in it.
    Also, YOU CAN STILL TAKE EXCEDRIN, it is NOT completely gone!! You can still purchase it from stores (especially convenient stores) in the small 2 pill package!! Yes, I know it is way more expensive this way, and more difficult, but if you are hurting bad enough then you will do what you have to do.
    P.S. An old wives tail for migraine relief sounds crazy because light and sound makes migraines worse, but actually works for me sometimes!! When you have a really bad migraine, take your blow dryer /hair dryer and turn it on. Next, lay down on the floor WITHOUT a pillow, and then lay the blow dryer on the floor next to your head about a foot away (Do Not have the actual air/heat blowing on you though!! ). Turn it on. The reasoning behind this is even though noise makes migraines worse, the constant humming and the vibration of the the dryer through the floor does actually soothe you and the migraine!! I just knew this wouldn’t work when I first heard it, but after a few years, I ended up trying it and it did work! I have found though that it only works on my migraine that is really bad and after I have had it for about an hour or so. Meaning it didn’t work for me anyways on a small headache or on a migraine that I had just got minutes ago.
    Sorry to all my fellow migraine sufferers and I hope something that I have said will either answer your questions or help you in some way. Sorry for rambling on and on. Thanks for you all’s time and good luck in your future!!

103. Andrew Towles on May 6th, 2012 12:33 pm

My pharmacy said it was the government recall.

What is the hold up truth?

104. alfredo on May 8th, 2012 9:48 am

I AGREE WITH ALL THE ABOVE PEOPLE,BS ADVIL MIGRAINE IT DOES NOTHING FOR MY MIGRAINE HEADACHES PUT BACK EXCEDRIN ON THE SHELVES ONLY PROVEN THING TO RELIEVE MY MIGRAINES IN 30 MIN. OR LESS I’VE TRIED EVERYTHING ELSE NO GOOD,PUT IT ON SHELVES ASAP!!!!!!

105. ruth deephouse on May 9th, 2012 5:26 pm

My husband has terrible migraines and tried many pills that didn’t help, but
    Excedih Migriane is the only pill over the years he has found that help him.
    When will they return to the shelves?? Please let us know. Thank you.

106. Stephanie on May 11th, 2012 4:53 pm

Walmart carries a off brand of it. Half the price and works the same.

107. Nickie on May 19th, 2012 8:49 am

Okay People….I am feeling your PAIN!!!! I am a migraine sufferer who has only found Exedrin to work. But what I have found is that I can combine the same ingredients in the same dosage of what my favorite Exedrin product has in it, then I get the same results. What I do know is that you can actully buy all of the the ingredients in Exedrin as seperate drugs and take in the same dosage as an Exedrin tablet. For example: Each Extra Strength table contains 250 mg acetaminophen, 250 mg aspirin and 65 mg caffeine. So you would take one 250mg dose of acetaminophen, one dose of 250 mg of aspirin and one dose of 65 mg of caffeine. You obviously all have access to the web so when you have the time search indredients of your favorite Exedrin product and you will find that most of them even though they are labeled for a different type of headache of pain, they actually use the same active indredients in different patterns and dosages. I know it is easier to buy the combined pill of Exedrin, but we are all in a pickle here…so sometimes, you have to do what you have to do……Learned about this in a Drugs and Society class in college and more than anything it educated me on how to read a label so that I am not held captive by large pharmacuetical companies. Good luck!

108. kris on May 27th, 2012 5:02 am

Walgreens carries a similar product (tension headache) in gel caps and caplets………after searching the products for the same Excedrin ingredients I have found their brand to come as close to Excedrin on the shelves. I use this along with an Advil and I’m fairly good to go………….

109. Anonymous on June 26th, 2012 9:16 am

Bring back excedrine !!!! Can’t you give a time frame? This is giving me a headache! What’s that take an excedrine!! I don’t Have Any!!!!

110. Wayne morton on July 1st, 2012 11:10 pm

All I want to know is when excedrins are going to be back in stores you have my name and email address now heres my cell phone number 615 753-4018

111. elizabeth bremer on July 19th, 2012 7:54 am

I AM WONDERING IF THERE IS ANOTHER REASON TOR THIS TOO. I TOOK EXCEDRIN FOR 40 YEARS . I GOT HOOKED . I NOW HAVE LIVER DISEASE. THEY NEVER PUT THE CAFF. ON THE FRONT TILL I COMPLAINED.

112. elizabeth bremer on July 19th, 2012 7:56 am

BE CHECKED

113. Patty Ferguson on July 19th, 2012 10:03 pm

This is an FDA problem; not Novartis fault. Complain to your congressman as this is an example of the total control the FDA has over meds in the US. For those of you who have been taking excedrin for years, you are probably addicted to the caffeine. You can try to replicate the ingredients, but keep in mind the importance of the caffeine, i.e., you may not be taking enough compared to the number of excedrin tablets you were taking. Also, please look up a compounding pharmacy in your area on the internet and call them and see if they can or will compound (custom make) the equivalent of excedrin for you. You will need a rx from a doctor however, but if you are this desperate, it is worth it. Someone in my family is a compound pharmacist, and I showed him this site he couldn’t believe you are all blaming the wrong entity, namely the drug company. It is the FDA who has targeted several drugs, some cancer drugs, some natural vitamins that are injectable. People are not only suffering from headaches but are dying of cancer and heart attacks because of drug shortages or lack of drugs. If you really care, follow through and let the US government know you are angry and want the FDA to have accountability. Novartis doesn’t know when they can put their product back on the shelf because the FDA doesn’t have to tell them when the recall will end and when their investigation will be complete.

114. pam on July 28th, 2012 2:01 pm

After reading about excedrin migraine…..an outstanding product….but let’s talk about EXCEDRIN PM. I worked night shift for 40 yrs., then I retired. The only way I slept like a “normal” person after i retired was because of EXCEDRIN PM. I went to the store to get more and found out it had been taken off the shelves…….and my world as I had known it crumbled. Every since that time, i’m up until 6am, then i doze for an hour then totally lifeless the entire day making it very difficult to raise 2 grandkids. I’m overwhelmed how the FDA functions…..actually I have always been very confused. They allow products to be put on the shelf that lie on their labels about their effectiveness..so you spend your hard earned money and buy these products…and of course, they do nothing for you. Then the FDA pulls a fabulous product because of broken tabs…..then after it’s recalled, suddenly some people say how her mate was dizzy then 2 days later she was dizzy. I’m confused as to what pills were mixed. Upon reading the comments, I recall how strong the power of suggestion is. AS a retired RN, allow me to say that in my most humble opinion, the FDA and AMA are bosom buddies. To my knowledge, no one has died or been hospitalized…thank the dear LORD……and to Krissi, “dear what are you doing giving your child excedrin migraine?” But maybe parents do and there’s an excedrin migraine for children that I’m not aware of. In reference to the rumor that excedrin might be back in June; it’s July and it’s not in my town yet.

115. Kathy Staub on August 20th, 2012 2:30 pm

Plain and simple. LOVE the migraine Excedrin. Pleeeezzzzze bring it back!!!!!

116. Iowa on September 22nd, 2012 6:59 am

Heavy Excedrine user, nothing else worked for my headaches. Blood tests lead to a livery biopsy which confirmed autoimmune hepatis.

117. doris on November 14th, 2012 12:56 am

i see that excedrin for miagrains is back on the shelfs now. When will the rest of the products be back on the shelf?

118. Lynn Reynolds on November 14th, 2012 5:33 pm

This doesn’t add up. Something else is going on and I bet our commie government is behind it.