PTA Reflections Contest contest deadline approaches
October 2, 2012
The annual PTA Reflections Contest is around the corner and this year’s theme is “The magic of a moment.”
Each year, the national and state PTA welcome students in preschool through 12th grade to take part in the cultural arts competition by creating art that supports a specific theme.
The deadline for Issaquah School District entries is Nov. 9. Students may enter as many times as they would like in any of the seven different categories:
- Literature: Original works of fiction or nonfiction, including prose, poetry and drama
- Music Composition: Original musical composition, including works for voice, instrument/s, or a combination of voice and instrument/s
- Photography: Original prints up to 11×14” in black and white or color or produced by a photographic process. Techniques may include photo montage, multiple exposure, negative sandwiches and photograms.
- Visual Arts: An original print, drawing, painting, collage, photographic collage, metal etching or punch work, fiber work or computer generated artwork
- Film/Video: Original works of fiction or nonfiction with or without sound. Categories include animation, narrative, documentary, experimental or a media presentation.
- Choreography/Dance: Originally choreographed dance composition recorded on DVD
Learn more about the contest on the Issaquah PTSA’s website at www.issaquahptsa.org; click on “Reflections” under the “Programs” tab.