Salmon Days Festival spawns road closures
October 2, 2012
Motorists should prepare for road closures throughout the Salmon Days Festival.
Expect closures on the following streets from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. Oct. 6-7:
- Front Street from Newport Way Southwest to Northwest Gilman Boulevard
- East Sunset Way from Second Avenue Southeast to Newport Way Northwest
- Rainier Boulevard South and First Avenue Southeast from East Sunset Way to the Issaquah Community Center
- Southeast Bush Street and Southeast Andrews Street from Second Avenue Southeast to Front Street South
- First Place Northeast and First Avenue Northwest from West Sunset Way to Northwest Dogwood Street
Expect closures on the following streets from 9 a.m. to noon Oct. 6 to accommodate the Salmon Days Grande Parade:
- 12th Avenue Northwest from Northwest Maple Street to Northwest Gilman Boulevard
- Northeast Gilman Boulevard and Northeast Dogwood Street from Third Avenue Northwest to Front Street North
- Rainier Boulevard North from Northwest Dogwood Street to Northwest Juniper Street.
Parking near downtown Issaquah is also a challenge during the festival, and Salmon Days visitors should consider the event shuttle.
Shuttles depart from the Issaquah Transit Center, 1050 17th Ave. N.W., Costco corporate headquarters parking lot, 11th Avenue Northwest and Lake Drive, and Issaquah Highlands Park & Ride, 1755 Highlands Drive N.E.
The cost for a shuttle is $2 round trip for adults; children 12 and younger ride for free. Parking is free at the shuttle departure points.