Issaquah homeowners detain burglar until police arrive

January 21, 2013

NEW — 9:15 a.m. Jan. 21, 2013

Homeowners detained a burglar Sunday until police arrived and arrested the woman.

Issaquah police responded to a burglary in progress in the 100 block of Northwest Alder Place at about 9:45 p.m.

The homeowners discovered the burglar, a 30-year-old Seattle woman, inside the home and called 911. The burglar attempted to flee, and a resident detained the kicking, struggling woman until officers arrived.

Police discovered the woman held numerous items belonging to the homeowners and taken from inside the residence.

Officers booked the woman into the King County Jail on first-degree burglary charges.

Other Stories of Interest: ,

Comments

One Response to “Issaquah homeowners detain burglar until police arrive”

1. DG on January 21st, 2013 7:51 pm

Next time use your gun and put her away. You have the right to use force inside your own house against intruders who don’t deserve to be inside your house. Burglars almost always carry weapons, either knives or guns. You have the right to protect your property and your family. Never take chances. I always have a concealed weapon with me. Two rounds on the forehead, two rounds on the chest in two seconds or less. She could’ve brought a gun and shot you or a member of your family. Anyone who has the guts or courage to enter and burglarize your house is a threat to anyone’s life.

2. Anonymous on January 22nd, 2013 8:39 am

I agree with the previous post, shoot anyone on your property that may be a threat. I personally prefer a few more bullets to the chest to guarantee the kill, but that is personal preference.

Just last year I saw someone climb over my fence in a suspicious manner. I immediately grabbed my ‘peacemaker’ and shot them dead. Upon further examination, I noticed that the intruder was my neighbors son looking for his baseball which was hit over the fence. My neighbor and I had a good laugh about the mistaken identity and spent the rest of the afternoon watching Charlton Heston movies.

Hopefully they cut off the burglars hands … That will teach them a lesson.

3. Stacey Hughes on January 22nd, 2013 9:12 am

@DG.
    Maybe the woman was unarmed and mentally ill or a drug addict? These people get almost no help in our society.

4. Weezer on January 22nd, 2013 9:30 am

DG… “Put her away.” That is exactly what the homeowners did.. without her death. You may feel safer carrying a gun, but I would not feel safe living with you. Statistics indicate that high percentage of gun deaths are committed by friends and family, not intruders.

5. Kevin D on January 22nd, 2013 10:02 am

Weezer, you know the bullet comes out of the end of the gun with the hole in it, right?

6. Mark J on January 22nd, 2013 6:02 pm

It is easy to make up one’s mind after the fact. In this case, the woman was harmless when she was under a citizen’s arrest. The whole point about this particular case is that before the intruder was found inisde house, no one could possibly tell whether she was armed and dangerous, or whether she was a felon who had previously committed a serious. No one could possible tell at that particular point or seconds before she was found or see inside the house. As a criminal lawyer, I have defended a few households for using force to protect themselves against criminals who burglarize their houses. The law protects citizens against these people. It’s our constitutional right to bear arms and to have the right to protect ourselves. We also have a right to liberty and right to pursue our own happiness. These rights cannot occur until we are able to protect ourselves. Any judge in the U.S. will always look at your rights inside your own property in prosecuting criminals who burglarize your house. I wholeheartedly agree with DG to use every force available to protect yourself against criminal intruders. At that particular moment, there was no time to think about whether the intruder was a violent criminal. It is better to be wrong about an intruder than seeing your teenage daughter raped and murdered after a day in school.

7. Evelyn on January 22nd, 2013 6:13 pm

Yes sir, Mark J!!!

Weezer, or loser, just grow up! This is America.

Word of Advice: Never buy a gun without proper training on how to use it.