Police & Fire
January 22, 2013
Police responded to a report of a suspicious package in the 700 block of Greenwood Boulevard Southwest at 1:04 p.m. Dec. 26 after the caller said the package had been dropped off by mistake. Police determined the package had been dropped off at the correct address but delivered to the wrong person.
Police arrested a 39-year-old Issaquah woman for driving without a license at Southeast 56th Street and East Lake Sammamish Parkway Southeast at 3:35 p.m. Dec. 26.
A Sammamish woman said her phone account was hacked before Jan. 5. She told police she received a text message indicating a change had been made to her account and not long after, her phone stopped working. Her service provider then informed her that somebody added an iPhone 5 to her account.
On the map
See the Issaquah Police Department’s reported activity from the previous 72 hours at a crime map created by the city at http://bit.ly/ZPHFbA. Addresses contained in the map have been rounded to the nearest hundred block. The address displayed reflects the location where the officer responded to the incident — not necessarily where the incident occurred.
A Sammamish resident said somebody used his or her credit card to purchase a Macy’s gift card Jan. 6. The estimated loss is $50.
A package was stolen from the front porch of a home in the 21600 block of Southeast 32nd Place at about 11:45 a.m. Jan. 8. The caller told police he watched a teal Infiniti pull up just after a UPS driver dropped off a package. Someone exited the Infiniti, grabbed the package and then fled.
Police discovered graffiti on a traffic sign, retaining wall and city-owned building near the 2400 block of 228th Avenue Southeast on the morning of Jan. 10.
The Press publishes names of those charged with felony crimes. Information comes directly from local police reports.
Eastside Fire & Rescue reports for Jan. 9-15
- Three engine crews assisted at 10:01 a.m. Jan. 9 with a downed power line in the 300 block of Southwest Forest Drive.
- An engine was dispatched at 9:19 a.m. Jan. 11 to investigate a combustible gas leak in the 200 block of Southeast Andrews Street.
- Two engines were sent at 11:50 p.m. Jan. 11 to the scene of a motor vehicle accident with injuries in the 16400 block of Renton-Issaquah Road Southeast.
- Twelve engine crews were required to extinguish a building fire at 4:34 a.m. Jan. 13 in the 100 block of Northwest Alder Place.
- At 8:41 p.m. Jan. 14, four engine crews extinguished a chimney fire in the 25900 block of Northeast 42nd Place.
- Eight engines were sent at 3:10 p.m. Jan. 15 to investigate a cooking fire in the 1700 block of 24th Avenue Northeast. The fire was confined to the container.
- 4Two engines were sent at 5:50 p.m. Jan. 15 to investigate a cooking fire in the 300 block of Northwest Dogwood Street. The fire was confined to the container.