Police & Fire
January 29, 2013
A girl in the 23000 block of Southeast 45th Court called police to report that jewelry, a laptop computer and makeup had been stolen from her home after she hosted a party Jan. 4. She told police she had a few friends over, but more people arrived than she had invited before she managed to convince most guests to leave. The girl could not give police detailed information about the guests.
Too cool for school
Police discovered graffiti on a school zone sign at 9:09 a.m. Jan. 10. The sign had been tagged with spray paint so that instead of reading “end of school zone,” it read “end of school.”
On the map
See the Issaquah Police Department’s reported activity from the previous 72 hours at a crime map created by the city at http://bit.ly/ZPHFbA. Addresses contained in the map have been rounded to the nearest hundred block. The address displayed reflects the location where the officer responded to the incident — not necessarily where the incident occurred.
A woman called police after a woman attempted to punch her as she sat in a vehicle at 4 p.m. Jan. 17. The vehicle’s owner died and left it to one of the women in the will. The other woman grew upset after the vehicle went missing.
She called a friend to vent her frustration, and the friend told her the vehicle was at a nearby gas station. She then went to the gas station to confront the driver. Police later determined one of the women was wanted on warrants from Kent and Pierce County.
A woman contacted police at 10:54 a.m. Jan. 16 to report charges on a credit card in her name that she had never received. She had applied for the card at a Bellevue store in May 2012, but said she never received the card. Someone made purchases a few days after she applied for the card. The estimated loss is $9,000.
Police responded to a home in the 23100 block of Southeast 40th Place at 8:54 p.m. Jan. 11 after the resident said somebody damaged a back door attempting to enter the home.
Police responded to QFC, 2902 228th Ave. S.E., at 7:16 p.m. Jan. 18 after a customer left without paying for about a half-full cart of groceries. The estimated loss is at least $100.
The Press publishes names of those charged with felony crimes. Information comes directly from local police reports.
Eastside Fire & Rescue report for Jan. 18-24
- An engine assisted at a motor vehicle accident at 6:51 a.m. Jan. 18 in the 23800 block of Southeast Eighth Street.
- An engine was dispatched at 3:22 p.m. Jan. 18 to investigate an unauthorized burning in the 15700 block of Cedar Grove Road Southeast.
- An engine helped evacuate water at 5:48 p.m. Jan. 18 from a residence in the 15200 block of Renton-Issaquah Road Southeast.
- Four engines were needed at a motor vehicle accident with injuries at 9:30 a.m. Jan. 19 in the 40300 block of eastbound Interstate 90.
- Four engines were sent at 6:24 p.m. Jan. 19 to a motor vehicle accident in the 4200 block of East Lake Sammamish Parkway Southeast.
- A motor vehicle accident with injuries required a response of five engines at 3:38 p.m. Jan. 20 to the 30200 block of westbound Interstate 90.
- An engine was dispatched at 11:36 a.m. Jan. 22 to investigate an unauthorized burning in the 2400 block of 215th Avenue Southeast.
- Two engines were dispatched at 11:11 a.m. Jan. 22 to a motor vehicle accident in the 5200 block of Isola Place Northwest.
- Six engines were needed to extinguish a building fire at 9:49 p.m. Jan. 23 in the 24200 block of Southeast 43rd Place.
- Five engines were sent at 7:53 a.m. Jan. 24 to a motor vehicle accident in the 100 block of Southeast 156th Street.