February 12, 2013
Local students graduate
- Lyndon Kidwell of Renton, graduated from Missouri University of Science and Technology, in Rolla, Mo., during commencement ceremonies held Dec. 14, 2012. Kidwell earned a Master of Science degree in systems engineering.
- Kelle Agassiz, a 2009 graduate of Issaquah High School, graduated from the University of Idaho with a Bachelor of Science degree in psychology and a minor in communications in December 2012. She was also named to the fall 2012 semester dean’s list. To qualify, students must complete 12 or more credits and earn a grade point average of 3.5 or higher.
Local students make deans’ lists
- Melissa Brown, a 2009 Liberty High School graduate, made the 2012 fall semester dean’s list at the University of Montana, in Missoula, Mont. To qualify, students must maintain a grade point average of 3.5 or higher while taking at least nine graded credits for the semester.
- Matthew Hjelm, of Issaquah, was named to the fall 2012 semester dean’s list at Norwich University, in Northfield, Vt.
- Julia Baxter, a senior music major from Issaquah, has been named to the fall 2012 dean’s list at Samford University, in Birmingham, Ala. To qualify, students must have earned a minimum 3.5 grade point average while attempting at least 12 credit hours of coursework.
- Emma O’Melia, of Issaquah, has been named to second honors on fall 2012 semester dean’s list at Clark University, in Worcester, Mass. To qualify, students must have a grade point average between 3.5 and 3.79, of a maximum of 4.3.
- The following students have earned placement on Gonzaga University’s dean’s list for the fall 2012 semester:
Issaquah: Molly Bankson, Kylie Clark, Anna Clausen, Carlyn Freeman, Sarah Hitchings, Christopher Lundeen, Maria Mondloch and Laruen Sullivan
Newcastle: Sarah Morgan
Renton: Shelby Harding
- The following students were named to the 2012 fall semetster dean’s list at the University of Wyoming.
Issaquah: Reanne Rasmusson and Benjamin Steer
Renton: Rebecca Paustian