April 16, 2013
More than half of Eastlake DECA qualify for internationals
Members of the Eastlake DECA chapter, all students who attend Eastlake High School, competed in the Washington State DECA Competition in Bellevue, March 7-9.
A total of 57 students competed against DECA members from 11 chapters in Washington, and the Eastlake DECA chapter will send 20 students to Anaheim, Calif., for the international DECA competition in April.
The Eastlake DECA chapter provides students with real-world experiences in the fields of marketing, business and entrepreneurship.
The top six students who qualified in their event are:
- Guneev Lamba, second place, human resources management
- Haley Bates, Keara King and Ryan Wasserman, second place, entrepreneurship promotion
- Natalie Hurd, third place, marketing management
- Aneesha Nanda, fourth place, retail merchandising
- Alaina Hartley, fourth place, apparel and accessories marketing
- Lauren Greenheck, Rachel Lang and Shabina Rayan, fifth place, financial literacy project
- Jakob Graf, Tang Song and Phi VoBa, fifth place, advertising campaign
- Joanna Lu, sixth place, business services operations