Online and in-person candidate filing begins Monday
May 12, 2013
Candidates interested in filing for any of the 331 positions open for election in King County this year may file online or in person for office from May 13-17.
King County Elections encourages candidates to file online, the easiest and most efficient method, according to a press release from the office. Candidates who prefer to file in-person at King County Elections Renton headquarters will be directed to county computers to file online.Staff assistance will be available.
· 9 a.m. May 13 to 4 p.m. May 17, online candidate filing
· 8:30 a.m. May 13 to 4:30 p.m. May 17, in-person candidate filing
· May 17, approximately 5 p.m., lot draw to determine ballot order
· 4:30 p.m. May 20, deadline to withdraw
· 4:30 p.m. May 29, deadline to file local voters’ pamphlet
· Aug. 6, primary election
· Nov. 5, general election
To file for office, candidates must be registered in the district for which they are filing.
More information about candidate filing is available on the King County Elections website.