Police & Fire
June 18, 2013
Sounds like ninja turtle
Police found a manhole cover off at the corner of Highlands Drive Northeast and Northeast Discovery Drive on June 7. It was the second call in two weeks police have had regarding the specific cover.
I’ll be back in just a bit
On June 7, in the 1000 block of 17th Avenue Northwest, police responded to a report and found a vehicle to be running with the key in the ignition. The reporting person indicated that the vehicle had been parked there and running for more than 24 hours. After one hour of waiting for King County to check if the vehicle was stolen, police opened it, turned it off and kept the key for the owner to pick it up.
A red 2012 Dodge Avenger was broken into June 7 in the 4600 block of West Lake Sammamish Parkway Southeast. There was an estimated loss of $200 from a damaged window and a stolen makeup bag.
Someone doesn’t like charity
A complaint was made the evening of June 7 about loud music coming from Issaquah High School. Police found that the source was the annual Relay for Life walk and music levels were low. Police were also told that the event had a permit to play music.
Hypodermic needles found
A report was made regarding drug paraphernalia June 9 in the 1800 block of 12th Avenue Northwest. Police were led to the woman’s restroom, where there were two hypodermic needles in a stall. Officers secured the items and disposed of them.
On June 9, in the 100 block of Sunset Way, police received a report that a bear was chasing someone around the Issaquah Salmon Hatchery. Only a single call was received. An area check was conducted. Police could not locate the bear.
A happy reunion
On June 9, police responded to a report that some ducklings had fallen into a storm drain in the 1100 block of 11th Avenue Northwest. When police arrived at 4 p.m., the ducklings could not be found. However, four hours later, another officer located them and they were reunited with their mother.
An estimated $500 loss occurred June 10 in the 1600 block of 28th Avenue Northeast from a damaged window on a red 2013 Subaru Forester.
A 1998 Volkswagen Jetta was broken into June 12 on the corner of Northeast Gilman Boulevard and Front Street North. There was an estimated loss of $460 from a stolen jacket and laptop case.
Pump up the attention
Police responded to a report that a vehicle drove off from a gas station with the nozzle still in the tank in the 100 block of East Sunset Way on June 13. The reporting person thought that the driver did it on purpose, but the driver thought that she had checked to be sure that the hose was put away.
Man, tire found flat
A caller reported a male on the ground under a pickup truck and could not wake the man up. Police found the man up and around trying to change a flat tire on his truck. He was intoxicated and the truck was not running. He agreed to surrender his keys to the officer and sleep in his truck until morning.
An estimated $1,000 loss occurred June 13 from a robbery in the 600 block of Southeast Kramer Place. The thief took antique dishes.
The Press publishes names of those charged with felony crimes. Information comes directly from local police reports.
On the map
See the Issaquah Police Department’s reported activity from the previous 72 hours at a crime map created by the city at http://bit.ly/ZPHFbA. Addresses contained in the map have been rounded to the nearest hundred block. The address displayed reflects the location where the officer responded to the incident — not necessarily where the incident occurred.
Eastside Fire & Rescue reports june 7-12
- Three engine crews were required at 6:21 a.m. June 7 to extinguish a motor home fire in the 200 block of Southeast Third Avenue Northeast.
- Two engine crews were dispatched to investigate a cooking fire in the 21100 block of 198th Avenue Southeast. It was confined to the container.
- A motor vehicle accident at 5:40 p.m. June 8 in the 100 block of Southeast Newport Way required the aid of three engine crews. There were no injuries.
- An engine crew was sent at 11:09 a.m. June 9 to investigate a biological hazard in the 24800 block of Southeast 45th Way.
- An engine crew extinguished an outdoor fire at 11:44 a.m. June 9 in the 700 block of Northeast Blakeley Drive.
- An engine crew extinguished a natural vegetation fire at 5:16 p.m. June 10 in the 600 block of 228th Avenue Northeast.
- An engine crew extinguished a building fire at 7:33 p.m. June 10 in the 8800 block of 122nd Court Southeast.
- Eight engine crews were required to extinguish a natural vegetation fire at 7:39 p.m. June 10 in the 3800 block of 260th Avenue Southeast.
- A passenger vehicle fire at 5:35 p.m. June 12 in the 22700 block of Southeast 16th Street required two engine crews to extinguish.
- At 2:38 a.m. June 13, two engine crews were dispatched to the scene of a motor vehicle accident with injuries in the 100 block of 12th Avenue Northwest.