Police & Fire
July 9, 2013
Return to sender
Officers searched the 100 block of East Sunset Way on June 21 for a male that had just been released from jail and was walking around yelling and growling at people in the downtown area.
A 1995 white Jeep Cherokee was stolen in the 700 block of Northeast Blakely Drive on June 21.
Hide and go shriek
Police were dispatched to someone yelling in the street June 21 in the 300 block of Third Place Northwest, and the reporting person did not know if the person was in trouble. Officers arrived and contacted some juveniles, which were playing hide and go seek.
An estimated $1,000 loss occurred from a stolen television and a damaged door in the 2000 block of Northwest Poplar Way on June 24.
A road rage incident involving two parties occurred June 24 on Southeast Bush Street. The parties got angry at one another and “flipped” each other off. One party slapped the window of the caller. There was no damage and were no charges. Both parties were counseled about their behavior.
Take me out to the ballgame
Police received a report June 25 in the 500 block of Northwest Holly Street, which stated that there was a transient sleeping in the south ball field, first base dugout in the evenings. The caller said it was the ball field with the turf and that he seems to be there in the evening.
How high does it go?
Police responded after a woman in the 23000 block of Southeast 45th Place called at about 8 p.m. June 29 with a noise complaint. She said her neighbor had been blaring her stereo. When an officer arrived, he could hear the music from outside the house. He knocked and got no answer. He went around to the back, where the music was playing loudly and knocked on the back door. The woman who lived there said she only had the music on “1.” She demonstrated and the officer said it was too loud. The woman asked if her neighbor had made the complaint. The officer did not specify, but only reiterated that the volume was too loud. The officer went back to the woman who had called and warned her about how upset the other woman had been. He advised her not to open the door if she came over.
A police officer stopped a man after he made a right turn on a red light at the intersection of 228th Avenue Southeast and Southeast 20th Street, where it is not permitted. He stopped the vehicle at 12:26 p.m. June 25 and found the driver had his license suspended.
Police responded after a car struck a deer near the intersection of Southeast Eighth Street and 228th Avenue Southeast at about 10:15 p.m. June 26. The deer was seriously injured and could not stand on its own, so the officer killed it.
Between 11 p.m. June 27 and 7 a.m. June 28, someone broke into a man’s car in the 4400 block of Issaquah Pine Lake Road. The person took about $763 worth of goods, including sunglasses, clothes, sandals and a hydraulic jack. The person found a cigarette in the car although he doesn’t smoke, and it was submitted into evidence.
Someone broke into an unlocked car in the 22700 block of Southeast 29th Street overnight June 27 and took a $4,000 ring, a coin collection and possibly more. The woman who owns the car said she doesn’t lock the doors so someone attempting to steal from the car will not break the window. There are surveillance cameras in the area, and she was attempting to obtain video from the manager.
Vehicle malicious mischief
A 1989 blue Buick LeSabre was broken into in the 300 block of Shangri-La Way Northwest on June 27. Damage was estimated at $500.
Someone broke into a car in the 2600 block of 230th Avenue Southeast between 2:30 a.m. June 27 and 10:30 a.m. June 28. They took a cosmetics bag and did about $200 worth of damage to the vehicle.
Someone broke into a car in the 22900 block of Southeast 25th Place between 11 p.m. June 27 and 9:25 a.m. June 28 and took about $5 in change.
Depositing an unwholesome substance
Police received a report that a man defecated in 700 block of Northwest Gilman Boulevard on June 27. It is unknown where the male went. He was described as a Middle Eastern male in his 60s, wearing a grey shirt.
Two men were selling subscriptions to The Seattle Times door-to-door June 28. They don’t need a license, but would need an exemption to be permitted to sell the subscriptions. They agreed to stop selling the subscriptions until they completed the necessary paperwork.
The Press publishes names of those charged with felony crimes. Information comes directly from local police reports.
On the map
See the Issaquah Police Department’s reported activity from the previous 72 hours at a crime map created by the city at http://bit.ly/ZPHFbA. Addresses contained in the map have been rounded to the nearest hundred block. The address displayed reflects the location where the officer responded to the incident — not necessarily where the incident occurred.
Eastside Fire & Rescue reports for Date
- Two engine crews extinguished a passenger vehicle fire at 5 p.m. July 2 in the 23100 block of eastbound Interstate 90, east of Front Street.
- Four engine crews were needed at 5:30 p.m. July 3 to fight a brush fire in the 15500 block of Cedar Grove Road.
- An engine crew was dispatched at 7:46 p.m. July 3 to investigate unauthorized burning in the 23900 block of Southeast Tiger Mountain Road.
- At 8:11 p.m. July 3, an engine crew extinguished a natural vegetation fire in the 5600 block of 238th Court Southeast.
- At 11:48 p.m. July 3, six engine crews were sent to the scene of a motor vehicle accident with injuries in the 14800 block of state Route 18.
- An engine crew provided assistance at 12:42 p.m. July 3 at the scene of a pedestrian hit by a motor vehicle in the 4200 block of East lake Sammamish Parkway Southeast.
- Three engine crews were sent at 12:10 p.m. July 4 to the scene of a motor vehicle accident in the 700 block of Northwest Gilman Boulevard. There were no injuries.
- Six engine crews were needed at 1:48 p.m. July 4 to extinguish a natural vegetation fire in the 9900 block of 171st Avenue Southeast.
- Four engine crews extinguished a grass fire at 6:29 p.m. July 4 in the 100 block of Southeast May Valley Road.
- An engine crew was needed to fight a brush fire at 9:03 p.m. July 4 in the 12800 block of 195th Place Southeast.