July 16, 2013
Emily Cox inducted into Bucknell honor society
Emily Cox, of Sammamish, has been inducted into the Alpha Lambda Delta honor society at Bucknell University, in Lewisburg, Pa.
Cox, the daughter of Kathryn and John J. Cox, of Sammamish, is a 2012 graduate of Lakeside School. Cox is a first-year student in the Bachelor of Science program, majoring in Neuroscience.
Local students make deans’ lists
- Jason Walker, of Issaquah, was named to the spring 2013 dean’s list at Wake Forest University, in Winston Salem, N.C.
- Daniel Gibbs, of Issaquah, was named to the dean’s list at the University of Wisconsin-Madison College of Letters and Science.
- Erin Freeman and Nathalie Langlois, both of Issaquah, and Katherine Slyngstad, of Sammamish, were recently named to the dean’s list at Boston University for the spring 2013 semester.
- E. Caroline Kelessidou, of Issaquah, was named to the 2013 spring semester dean’s list at Utica College, in Utica, N.Y. Kelessidou is studying for a degree in financial crimes investigations.
- Jenna Brown, of Issaquah, earned high honors on the Aurora University dean’s list during the spring 2013 semester.
- Nina Zook, of Issaquah, was named to the 2013 spring semester dean’s list of Emory College of Arts and Sciences, liberal arts college of Emory University, in Atlanta, Ga.
Local students make presidents’ lists
- The following local students made the Gonzaga University’s President’s List for spring semester 2013.
Issaquah: Molly Bankson, Kylie Clark, Grace Hayden, Katarina Hostenske, Devon Isner, Angela Martucci, Katherine Olsen, Haley Swanson, and Emily Tom
Renton: Shelby Harding, Evan Shioyama and Kelsey Werre
Newcastle: Sarah Morgan
- Kjerstin Richards, of Renton, was named to the spring 2013 president’s list at Midland University, in Fremont, Neb.
Local student receives scholarship
Western Washington University student Tianyi Geng, daughter of Danny Geng and Judy Zhang, of Kirkland, received a $1,000 Mount Baker Products Design Center Scholarship for the 2013-2014 academic year.
Geng graduated from Issaquah High School in 2010. She is a junior at Western and is majoring in industrial design.