Police & Fire
July 23, 2013
At about 8:34 p.m. July 3, someone set off a sparkler bomb in the 4500 block of 230th Way Southeast. The caller who made the report says they have an idea of who it was, after several juveniles identified the suspect. They reported the suspect had made several sparkler bombs and had been setting them off in Sammamish and Klahanie. The homeowners hope to contact the suspect’s parents and handle the matter civilly.
Attempted color bomb
Someone taped together fireworks, a PVC pipe, a sparkler and several cans of spray paint and set off the device sometime July 4 or 5 near second base at a field at Beaver Lake Park. They had also detonated a firework inside a garbage can.
Fast and Furious
At 3:55 p.m. July 7, a police officer noticed two cars racing near the 21200 block of Southeast 24th Street. Radar indicated they were traveling 60 mph in a 25 mph zone. The officer was able to contact one of the vehicles, and cited the driver for racing.
Someone threw eggs at a home in the 23700 block of Southeast Sixth Place between 9 a.m. July 4 and 4:18 p.m. July 7. An officer found most of the eggs in the driveway, but a few were on the garage door. No other houses nearby seem to have been egged.
ON THE MAP
See the Issaquah Police Department’s reported activity from the previous 72 hours at a crime map created by the city at http://bit.ly/ZPHFbA. Addresses contained in the map have been rounded to the nearest hundred block. The address displayed reflects the location where the officer responded to the incident — not necessarily where the incident occurred.
- Police responded to a report of a mailbox being blown up at 2:04 p.m. July 8 in the 21200 block of Northeast Sixth Street. The mailbox is in front of a vacant residence that had been tagged unsafe to occupy. Police took photos of the damage.
- Police responded to a report of a fireworks-damaged mailbox at about 10:15 p.m. July 8 in the 23800 block of Southeast 30th Street. At about 2 p.m., a woman reported hearing a loud noise. She said she didn’t realize what had happened, so she didn’t call police until much later. The officer found a row of about six mailboxes, with one missing from near the middle. Parts of it were strewn about the area.
Someone urinated on the handle of the front door of a home in the 23100 block of Southeast 44th Street between 8:30 p.m. July 8 and 8:30 a.m. July 9. There was no permanent damage.
Police heard fireworks going off at the Madison Apartments at about 8:30 p.m. July 10. They found a group of juveniles in possession and an 11-year-old admitted to having brought them. Police found the boy’s father, who said he did not know the boy was setting them off. He had other fireworks in his possession and turned them over to police, who did not issue the man a citation.
Fire in the hole
- Police responded when someone set off a firework inside the urinal of a Honey Bucket at Big Rock Park between July 4 and 5. They found no evidence beyond scorch marks and an unreadable firework wrapper.
- Police responded when someone set off a sparkler bomb in a portable toilet at Pine Lake Middle School between 5 p.m. July 11 and 6 a.m. July 12. Debris was scattered in an area out to about 150 feet. Construction workers at the school saw nothing.
Between 1 and 2 p.m. July 12, someone broke into a car at the Pine Lake Athletic Club. The suspect shattered glass and took a purse from the vehicle. The damages and items are worth about $440. Police were able to obtain some fingerprints.
The Press publishes names of those charged with felony crimes. Information comes directly from local police reports.
Eastside Fire & Rescue reports for Date
- Two engine crews investigated unauthorized burning at 5:35 p.m. July 12 in the 25600 block of Southeast 154th Street.
- An engine crew checked out unauthorized burning at 10:22 a.m. July 13 in the 15200 block of Cedar Grove Road.
- At 1:42 p.m. June 14, eight engine crews performed a high angle rescue in the 50100 block of Southeast Homestead Valley Road.
- At 2:16 p.m. July 14, two engine crews lent assistance at a motor vehicle accident with injuries in the 100 block of Southeast Darst Street.
- An engine crew extinguished a natural vegetation fire at 2:47 p.m. June 14 in the 200 block of Northeast Gilman Boulevard.
- Four engine crews were dispatched at 7:13 a.m. June 16 to extinguish a natural vegetation fire in the 1700 block of Northwest Gilman Boulevard.
- Eight engine crews extinguished a building fire at 12:26 a.m. June 16 in the 1100 block of Sycamore Drive Southeast.
- An engine crew investigated authorized burning at 8:45 a.m. June 16 in the 6300 block of East Lake Sammamish Parkway Southeast.
- Six engine crews were needed to extinguish a vehicle fire at 3:18 p.m. June 17 in the 8100 block of Southeast High Point Way.
- An engine crew investigated unauthorized burning at 11:33 a.m. June 17 in the 1500 block of Northwest Gilman Boulevard.
- A motor vehicle accident with injuries at 1:55 p.m. June 17 required the aid of two engine crews in the 15800 block of Cedar Grove Road Southeast.
- At 3:06 p.m. June 17, an engine crew extinguished a natural vegetation fire in the 1700 block of 11th Avenue Northeast.