Bartell Drugs seeks school supply donations
August 17, 2013
NEW – 6 a.m. Aug. 17, 2013
Through Aug. 31, Bartell Drugs stores welcome donations of schools supplies for their 10th annual “School Tools for Kids in Need.” The drive supports students in King, Pierce and Snohomish counties through World Vision’s Teacher Resource Center in Fife.
The school supplies help restock the center, where teachers with students who qualify for free or reduced-price lunch programs “shop” free of charge for school supplies to meet students’ needs.
As many as 58,000 local students begin the school year without basic school supplies, according to World Vision.
“With so many area children lacking basic school supplies, there’s never been a more important time to support this drive,” Bartell Drugs Chairman and CEO George D. Bartell said in a press release.
Donate at the Issaquah Bartell Drugs, 5700 E. Lake Sammamish Parkway S.E.
The basic needs items available at the store include:
- No. 2 pencils, 10 count
- Bic Crystal or Stic Round ink pens, 10 pack, blue or black
- Scotch kids’ scissors, pointed or blunt
- Elmer’s Glue, 4-ounce school glue bottles
- Avery Glue Stic, acid-free, photo-safe, permanent and washable
- Avery Poly Binders, 1-inch size
- Crayola crayons, 16 count
- Avery Hi-Liter markers, yellow or pink
- A&W Zipper Pencil Pouch
- Mead index cards
- Crayola colored pencils, 12 count