Police & Fire
August 27, 2013
Between 10 p.m. Aug. 5 and 8 a.m. Aug. 6, someone broke into a car in the garage of a home in the 1800 block of Trossachs Boulevard Southeast. They took about $35 in cash and goods, and a corporate ID badge.
Workers near the intersection of Southeast 37th Street and 201st Court Southeast flagged down an officer at about 9:45 a.m. Aug. 6. They reported someone had made off with about 40 gallons of diesel fuel the previous night.
‘Really (messed) up’
At 6:32 p.m. Aug. 10, police found a man drunk behind QFC. Police knew the man as a chronic alcoholic who usually consumes large amounts of alcohol and cannot take care of himself. During an interview, the man pronounced himself “really (expletive) up.” He said he had drank “a lot” starting Tuesday. It was Saturday. He blew a .34 percent, on the portable Breathalyzer, more than four times the legal limit. He was taken to Swedish/Issaquah for detox.
Party at the fort
At about 9 p.m. Aug. 12, an officer responded when a homeowner explained a group of teens would see drugs and alcohol in a wooded area near the 4700 block of 229th Place Southeast. When the officer arrived, no one was there. However, there were empty beer cans, tin foil and a tree house about 25 feet overhead.
Close the door
At 12:28 a.m. Aug. 13, a police officer found an open garage door in the 4700 block of 231st Place Southeast. He was unable to contact the homeowner and left information about the evils of open garage doors.
Between 1 a.m. and 9 a.m. Aug. 14, someone smashed the window of a vehicle parked in the 3500 block of East Lake Sammamish Parkway Southeast. Damages and missing items total a loss of $1,260.
Don’t pack early
At about 3:30 a.m. Aug. 14, someone broke into a car in the 2100 block of Southeast 28th Way and took a box of items slated to go to Goodwill. A homeowner saw an older minivan speed away but could not see the license plate.
Someone seems to have thrown rocks through a garage door window of a home in the 1100 block of 235th Place Southeast between 6 p.m. Aug. 13 and 5 p.m. Aug. 14.
Maybe they were gifts
A man who lives in the 700 block of 240th Way Southeast reported receiving packages for random items he did not order. They were charged to his account.
On Aug. 19, in the 2000 block of Northeast Katsura Street, a GPS, worth an estimated $100, was stolen from a 2005 Audi A5.
Keep off the grass
Police contacted a woman Aug. 19 in the 100 block of Newport Way Northwest who thought there was a bullet hole in one of her windows. After looking at it, police discovered the hole was not a bullet hole but likely a rock from a groundskeeper mowing.
Ghosts like reds
Police received a report Aug. 19 in the 700 block of Second Avenue Northwest from a woman who found 14 Marlboro cigarettes on her porch. She doesn’t know who was there.
Police responded to a malicious mischief call Aug. 21 in the 100 block of Mount Olympus Drive Southwest. An estimated $210 in plants were damaged.
Thanks for the beer
A man in the 100 block of Second Avenue Northeast on Aug. 21 stated that a male subject assaulted him. Police contacted him and could tell the man was highly intoxicated. He stated that he bought the subject a beer and the subject punched him.
Man on bench
Police did a welfare check Aug. 22 on Rainier Boulevard South in regard to a male subject lying on a bench. The reporting person didn’t know if he was breathing. Officers arrived and contacted the subject and was able to wake him up. He appeared to be heavily intoxicated and sleeping.
A reporting person called about 10 opened packages of Visa gift card found in his employers parking lot in the 1400 block of Northwest Gilman Boulevard on Aug. 22. Police were unable to determine if the packages were stolen or simply garbage left behind. There were no unique identifiers to trace the items.
Police responded to the Home Depot on Aug. 22 regarding a shopping cart that hit a vehicle. The reporting person said a male was unloading plants from a large cart when the cart rolled away from him. The reporting person was backing her rental car out of a parking spot and collided with the cart.
An estimated $1,300 in items was stolen from a vehicle in the 1000 block of Northwest Gilman Boulevard on Aug. 22. An iPhone and two backpacks with contents were stolen.
The Press publishes names of those charged with felony crimes. Information comes directly from local police reports.
Eastside Fire & Rescue reports for Aug.
- Three engine crews put out a brush fire at 4:15 p.m. Aug. 16 in the 1900 block of East Beaver Lake Drive Southeast.
- At 8:27 p.m. Aug. 19, six engine crews were needed to extinguish a building fire in the 25800 block of Southeast 25th Way.
- At 12:48 p.m. Aug. 20, three engine crews extinguished a natural vegetation fire in the 3400 block of East Lake Sammamish Shore Lane.
- Five engine crews were needed to fight a forest fire at 1:51 p.m. Aug. 20 in the 4500 block of Klahanie Drive Southeast.
- Two engine crews were dispatched to the scene of a motor vehicle accident at 5 p.m. Aug. 20 in the 16000 block of Southeast 128th Street. There were no injuries.
- At 7:08 a.m. Aug. 21, an engine crew extinguished a natural vegetation fire in the 300 block of Northeast Gilman Boulevard.
- Three engine crews were dispatched at 9:02 a.m. Aug. 21 to investigate a natural gas leak in the 200 block of Northwest Gilman Boulevard.
- At 10:15 a.m. Aug. 21, three engine crews extinguished a rubbish fire in the 100 block of Southeast 135th Street.
- An engine crew extinguished a natural vegetation fire at 2:51 p.m. Aug. 21 in the 1100 block of Northwest Gilman Boulevard.
- An engine crew assisted at the scene of a motor vehicle accident with injuries at 2:55 p.m. Aug. 21 in the 100 block of West Sunset Way.
- At 5:25 p.m. Aug. 21, six engine crews battled an outside storage fire in the 17000 block of Tiger Mountain Road Southeast.
- At 8:44 a.m. Aug. 22, two engine crews were dispatched to the scene of a motor vehicle accident in the 3200 block of 212th Avenue Southeast. There were no injuries.
- Two engine crews were sent at 12:26 a.m. Aug. 22 to investigate unauthorized burning in the 23900 block of Southeast Tiger Mountain Road.
- An engine crew investigated unauthorized burning at 3:44 p.m. Aug. 22 in the 100 block of Rainier Boulevard North.
- At 6:31 p.m. Aug. 22, an engine crew assisted a pedestrian hit by a motor vehicle in the 100 block of Southeast 13th Place.
On the map
See the Issaquah Police Department’s reported activity from the previous 72 hours at a crime map created by the city at http://bit.ly/ZPHFbA. Addresses contained in the map have been rounded to the nearest hundred block. The address displayed reflects the location where the officer responded to the incident — not necessarily where the incident occurred.