Police & Fire
October 1, 2013
Throwing a tree tantrum
Police received a report of a male throwing things around in the back yard of a complex in the 23300 block of Southeast Black Nugget Road on Sept. 7. He was identified as a neighbor involved in a conflict over tearing up trees.
Hot tub crime machine
Police responded to a noise complaint in the 700 block of Front Street South on Sept. 8. Upon arrival, officers found six people in a hot tub. They were informed that the hot tub was closed per the hours on the sign.
Nothing suspicious here
Police responded to a suspicious male rolling a piece of luggage and shining his flashlight into garages in the 1800 block of Northeast Kenyon Court on Sept. 9. Officers arrived and contacted the subject sitting in his car. He stated he works for United and returns lost luggage.
Gold Rush Inn
A reporting person had questions about a male transient that has been observed to be staying the night in a historic wooden mine cart in the 100 block of Southeast Andrews Street on Sept. 9. They stated that the male must be climbing the locked fence surrounding the property in order to gain access.
An estimated $3,950 was lost from a report of a stolen game system and games in the 900 block of Discovery Circle Northeast on Sept. 9.
Thieves love golf
An estimated $1,325 in golf clubs was taken in the 1600 block of Ridgeview Avenue Northeast on Sept. 9.
Thieves love water sports
An estimated $1,250 in water sports equipment was stolen in the 19200 block of Southeast 46th Place on Sept. 9.
An employee at the Bank of America, in the 600 block of Front Street North, told police she declined to cash a check for a female subject who left about a half-hour before on Sept. 10. Shortly after, police discovered that the owner of the check in Redmond was missing some checks. Although the employee did not cash the check, she thought she should report this as a possible fraud.
The Press publishes names of those charged with felony crimes. Information comes directly from local police reports.
On the map
See the Issaquah Police Department’s reported activity from the previous 72 hours at a crime map created by the city at http://bit.ly/ZPHFbA. Addresses contained in the map have been rounded to the nearest hundred block. The address displayed reflects the location where the officer responded to the incident — not necessarily where the incident occurred.
Eastside Fire & Rescue reports for Sept. 20-23
- Two engine crews assisted a pedestrian hit by a motor vehicle at 12:19 p.m. Sept. 20 in the 200 block of 228th Avenue Southeast.
- Two engine crews assisted at the scene of a motor vehicle accident at 3 p.m. Sept. 20 in the 3500 block of Issaquah-Pine Lake Road Southeast. There were no injuries.
- Two engine crews investigated unauthorized burning at 5:23 p.m. Sept. 21 in the 25600 block of Southeast 149th Street.
- An engine crew investigated a report of smoke at 5:30 p.m. Sept. 21 in the 2500 block of 244th Avenue Southeast. It turned out to be smoke from a barbecue or tar kettle.
- An engine crew extinguished a structure fire at 2:27 a.m. Sept. 22 in the 2300 block of 14th Place Northeast.
- An engine crew extinguished a natural vegetation fire at 4:15 p.m. Sept. 22 in the 2300 block of Northeast Park Drive.
- An engine crew assisted at a motor vehicle accident with injury at 10:52 a.m. Sept. 23 in the 400 block of East North Bend Way.
- Two engine crews were dispatched at 11:31 a.m. Sept. 23 to the scene of a motor vehicle accident with injuries in the 5100 block of Issaquah-Pine Lake Road Southeast.
- Six engine crews were dispatched at 7:27 a.m. Sept. 23 to the scene of a motor vehicle accident with injuries in the 18500 block of westbound Interstate 90.
- An engine crew investigated unauthorized burning at 11:53 a.m. Sept. 24 in the 8000 block of Renton-Issaquah Road Southeast.
- Four engine crews investigated unauthorized burning at 3:08 p.m. Sept. 24 in the 19900 block of Southeast 128th Way.
- A motor vehicle accident with injuries at 8:41 a.m. Sept. 25 required the aid of four engine crews in the 26900 block of eastbound Interstate 90.
- Six engine crews responded at 1:10 p.m. Sept. 25 to the scene of a motor vehicle accident with injuries in the 100 block of Southeast 20th Street.
- Four engine crews were dispatched at 9:48 a.m. Sept. 26 to the scene of a motor vehicle accident in the 11000 block of Renton-Issaquah Road Southeast. There were no injuries.