Police & Fire
November 5, 2013
Someone broke into a car parked in front of a home on the 100 block of 242nd Avenue Southeast overnight between Oct. 25 and 26. The owner reported that a $50 gift card was taken, along with $375 worth of movie tickets to the Pasco/Moses Lake Fairchild Movie Theater.
It’s scarier if you’re drunk
Police arrested a 19-year old man at 10:14 p.m. Oct. 18 at Nightmare at Beaver Lake. Security from the event had called police when the man appeared drunk. The officer noted he could not stand under his own power and smelled of intoxicants. He was taken into custody and released to his sister. Police recommend charging him for being under 21 and exhibiting the effects of alcohol.
A Sammamish police officer euthanized a deer that had been struck by a car at 11:35 p.m. Oct. 21 near the 4100 block of East Lake Sammamish Parkway Southeast. The driver of the car was uninjured and the vehicle sustained minor damage.
A Sammamish man saw a van he had heard about through a bulletin from Creekside Elementary School at 8:20 a.m. Oct. 21. The man got the vehicle’s license plate number and a look at the driver before calling in the report.
A 1990 grey Toyota Camry was reported stolen Oct. 26 in the 900 block of Northeast Ingram Way.
At 11:12 p.m. Oct. 23, police did a random license plate check on a vehicle and found the registered owner had a warrant out for his arrest. The officer pulled the vehicle over at the 700 block of East Lake Sammamish Parkway Southeast. He determined that the driver was the registered owner and arrested him.
She takes a while
Officers received a report of an individual passed out in a red Toyota truck in the parking lot in the 5500 block of East Lake Sammamish Parkway Southeast Oct. 26. Police arrived and found the vehicle running and stopped inside the parking lot at the listed location. The subject fell asleep waiting for his girlfriend.
Turn the knob
Police were dispatch to the 1800 block of 15th Place Northwest with EFR for a report of a man bleeding from the nose Oct. 26. Officers spoke with the man and his female companion. The man indicated that he accidentally walked into a door causing him to split the skin.
Vintage records, estimated at a value of $1,000, were reported stolen in the 600 block of 12th Ave Northwest Oct. 29.
A watch estimated at $2,500 in value was reported stolen Oct. 31 in the 1000 block of Northwest Gilman Boulevard.
Roaming domestic violence
The Washington State Police in the 1700 block of Northwest Gilman Boulevard handled a physical domestic violence that originated in Bellevue and ended up in Issaquah Oct. 31. Troopers arrived on scene and took over the investigation. A man was arrested for assaulting his girlfriend.
Police were dispatched to a noise complaint involving a loud movie in the 5100 block of Issaquah-Pine Lake Road Southeast Oct. 27. The reporting person also stated their neighbor has watched movies before very loudly and they have left notes. Subject turned down the volume.
The Press publishes names of those charged with felony crimes. Information comes directly from local police reports.
On the map
See the Issaquah Police Department’s reported activity from the previous 72 hours at a crime map created by the city at http://bit.ly/ZPHFbA. Addresses contained in the map have been rounded to the nearest hundred block. The address displayed reflects the location where the officer responded to the incident — not necessarily where the incident occurred.
Eastside Fire & Rescue reports for oct. 25-31
- An engine unit was dispatched at 12:14 p.m. Oct. 25 to the scene of a motor vehicle accident in the 500 block of Northwest Gilman Boulevard. There were no injuries.
- Two engine units extinguished a trash fire at 5:11 p.m. Oct. 25 in the 24000 block of Southeast 106th Place.
- At 11:59 p.m. Oct. 26, three engines were dispatched to the scene of a motor vehicle accident with injuries in the 100 block of Southeast 128th Way.
- An engine unit investigated a carbon monoxide release at 5:11 a.m. Oct. 29 in the 2800 block of 234th Place Northeast.
- An engine unit assisted the scene of a motor vehicle accident with injuries at 7:07 a.m. Oct. 29 in the 100 block of Southeast Redmond-Fall City Road.
- An engine unit extinguished a trash fire at 7:17 a.m. Oct. 29 in the 600 block of Front Street South.
- An engine unit was sent at 11:50 p.m. Oct. 29 to investigate an unauthorized burning in the 100 block of Northwest Dogwood Street.
- An engine unit investigated a flammable gas leak at 5:12 p.m. Oct. 30 in the 23700 block of Northeast 4th Street.
- Two engine units were dispatched at 8:27 a.m. Oct. 31 to the scene of a motor vehicle accident in 100 block of Southeast 43rd Way. There were no injuries.