Police & Fire
November 19, 2013
A bad sign
A woman had questions for the police Nov. 7 in the 600 block of Northwest Gilman Boulevard about a company she hired to fix a sign for her business. She stated that she can’t reach them and she needs her sign. She stated that she has a contract for the work performed.
A pocketbook was reported stolen Nov. 9 in the 1000 block of Northwest Gilman Boulevard. The estimated loss was $1,599.
Police received a report Nov. 9 in the 1400 block of 11th Avenue Northwest of a female in a Subaru driving laps in a parking lot flipping her finger and mouthing obscenities. Police observed the female engaging in this behavior and approached her on foot. She saw the officers coming and departed the parking lot.
Police received a report Nov. 10 in the 1800 block of 10th Avenue Northwest of a subject staring at a tree. Upon arrival, the man was contacted and he said he was doing tai chi and looking at the tree. No criminal activity was observed.
Honor thy mother
A woman called the police Nov. 10 in the 200 clock of Northeast Birch Street because she was upset about an argument with her mother. When police arrived, she stated she had called her mom a name and was now unable to contact her to apologize. The woman was calmed and police cleared the scene.
Police received a report of stolen tires and wheel rims Nov. 10 in the 6200 block of East Lake Sammamish Parkway Southeast. The loss was estimated at $8,000.
A 1993 Nissan Sentra was reported stolen Nov. 11 in the 900 block of Northeast Ingram Way. The loss was estimated at $3,000.
The Press publishes names of those charged with felony crimes. Information comes directly from local police reports.
On the map
See the Issaquah Police Department’s reported activity from the previous 72 hours at a crime map created by the city at http://bit.ly/ZPHFbA. Addresses contained in the map have been rounded to the nearest hundred block. The address displayed reflects the location where the officer responded to the incident — not necessarily where the incident occurred.
Eastside Fire & Rescue reports for Nov. 9-12
- An engine crew investigated unauthorized burning at 10:56 a.m. Nov. 9 in the 9700 block of 355th Avenue Southeast.
- An engine crew investigated a downed power line at 6:05 p.m. Nov. 9 in the 100 block of Southeast 60th Street.
- An engine crew investigated a report of the smoke odor at 9:19 p.m. Nov. 9 in the 500 block of Wilderness Peak Drive Northwest.
- At 5:14 p.m. Nov. 10, an engine crew was dispatched to the scene of a motor vehicle accident in the 100 block of Northwest Maple Street. There were no injuries.
- An engine crew extinguished a passenger vehicle fire at 11:21 a.m. Nov. 11 in the 3400 block of 216th Place Southeast.
- Five engine crews responded at 4:37 p.m. Nov. 12 to the scene of a motor vehicle accident in the 20500 block of eastbound Interstate 90, west of state Route 900. There were no injuries.
- An engine crew was dispatched at 5:27 p.m. Nov. 12 to the scene of a motor vehicle accident with injuries in the 100 block of Renton-Issaquah Road Southeast.