Voter registration deadlines are approaching for special election
January 11, 2014
NEW — Noon Jan. 11, 2014
Be sure you’re ready to vote in the Feb. 11 special election by updating your voter registration if you’ve changed your name or address.
If you’re not yet registered to vote, now is a good time.
More than half of King County voters will receive ballots, which will be mailed Jan. 22. Sixteen school districts, the city of Issaquah and the Klahanie Annexation Area have measures on ballots.
The following voter registration deadlines apply to vote in the Feb. 11 special election:
Jan. 13 — Deadline to register to vote or update voter registration information by mail or online
Feb. 3 — Deadline for in-person registration for new Washington voters
To register to vote, you must be:
- a citizen of the United States,
- a legal resident of Washington State,
- at least 18 years old by Election Day,
- not disqualified from voting due to a court order,
- not under Department of Corrections supervision for a Washington felony conviction.