Police & Fire
February 4, 2014
A woman in the 2000 block of 228th Avenue Southeast reported she believes her neighbors have been coming to her house and taking things. She said since 2011, there have been several instances of this happening, such as one time when a pair of pruning shears was missing and replaced with an older pair, or a thumb drive was missing. This time, she said she was missing some coins and a pawn slip. She said the neighbors have a key to her house. She recently changed the locks, so police advised her to wait and see if that clears up the situation.
Stolen vehicle recovered
Sammamish police checked out an abandoned vehicle in the 300 block of 239th Court Southeast, found the vehicle had been reported stolen in Mill Creek Dec. 21 and had license plates which had also been reported stolen. Inside were piles of goods that the vehicle’s owner said did not belong to her. Police believe the items, which included tools, clothes, four garage door openers, receipts, mail, rock climbing gear, a plastic mask with a fake nose and moustache, wheels and a Mercedes hood ornament were stolen. The woman was able to claim the vehicle, a 2000 Mercedes, which she had purchased a week before she reported it stolen.
Police euthanized an injured deer in the 21600 block of Southeast 20th Street at 6:03 p.m. Jan. 20.
Police received a report of stolen vacuums in the 700 block of Northwest Gilman Boulevard on Jan. 24. The loss was estimated at $419.98.
On the Web
Police investigated a suspicious person report in the 1700 block of Highlands Drive Northeast on Jan. 25. Officers found a male and female having some “personal time.” Police advised them that there were many cameras and that they should move along.
A couple in the 600 block of 214th Avenue Southeast left their vehicles unlocked the night of Jan. 22. They reported they were missing a Bluetooth device, camera, phone charger and cash worth a total of $455.
A blue 2013 Toyota Sienna was broken into in the 100 block of Northeast Gilman Boulevard on Jan. 28. The loss was estimated at $1,040 from stolen credit cards, iPad, iPhone, pocketbook, wallet and keys.
The Press publishes names of those charged with felony crimes. Information comes directly from local police reports.
Eastside Fire & Rescue reports for Jan. 17-30
- A motor vehicle accident at 8:02 a.m. Jan. 17 in the 21300 block of Southeast 43rd Way required the aid of two engine crews.
- Three engine crews were dispatched at 2:30 p.m. Jan. 18 to the scene of a motor vehicle accident with injury in the 100 block of Southeast 43rd Way.
- Two engine crews cleaned up a chemical spill at 2:05 p.m. Jan. 21 in the 1800 block of 244th Avenue Northeast.
- At 3:04 p.m. Jan. 21, an engine unit assisted at the scene of a motor vehicle accident with injuries in the 5600 block of 220th Avenue Southeast.
- An engine crew extinguished a building fire at 12:15 p.m. Jan. 23 in the 3000 block of Northeast Fourth Street.
- Two engine crews were dispatched at 6:26 p.m. Jan. 23 to the scene of a motor vehicle accident in the 100 block of Southeast 43rd Way. There were no injuries. Another two engine crews were dispatched to the same scene for a motor vehicle accident 13 minutes later, when two injuries occurred.
- Five engine crews were needed at 9:54 p.m. Jan. 23 to extinguish a passenger vehicle fire in the 18400 block of Southeast 128th Street.
- Two engine crews responded to a pedestrian hit by a motor vehicle at 4:16 p.m. Jan. 24 in the 100 block of Southeast 58th Street.
- At 9:52 a.m. Jan. 25, five engine crews were dispatched to the scene of a motor vehicle accident in the 100 block of Upper Preston Road Southeast. There were no injuries.
- An engine crew assisted a resident locked out of his/her home at 12:11 p.m. Jan. 25 in the 1600 block of 25th Avenue Northeast.
- Three engine crews assisted at the scene of a motor vehicle accident at 12:53 p.m. Jan. 25 in the 18500 block of westbound Interstate 90.
- An engine crew extinguished a chimney fire at 5:22 p.m. Jan. 26 in the 26300 block of Southeast 33rd Street.
- At 4 p.m. Jan. 27, 14 engine units were needed to extinguish a building fire in the 400 block of 218th Avenue Northeast.
- At 10:34 a.m. Jan. 28, three engine crews were dispatched to the scene of a motor vehicle accident in the 18800 block of Southeast May Valley Road. There were no injuries.
- At 6:15 p.m. Jan. 28, three engine crews were sent to the scene of a motor vehicle accident with injuries in the 100 block of Northwest Sammamish Road.
- An engine crew was dispatched at 11:17 a.m. Jan. 28, to the scene of a motor vehicle accident in the 4000 block of 212th Way Southeast. There were no injuries.
- Two engine crews cleaned up a flammable liquid spill at 11:24 a.m. Jan. 29 in the 1400 block of Northwest Gilman Boulevard.
- A motor vehicle accident with injuries occurred at 6:42 p.m. Jan. 29 in the 11400 block of Issaquah-Hobart Road, requiring the aid of three engine crews.
- An engine crew extinguished a cooking fire at 4:52 p.m. Jan. 30 in the 4500 block of Klahanie Drive Southeast.