Police & Fire
February 11, 2014
Here come the locks
A man in the 2100 block of East Beaver Lake Drive Southeast reported someone had taken the mail from a mailbox tree of four mailboxes between Jan. 28 and 29. Two of the four people had retrieved mail, but two were missing items. The man said the neighbors would now be getting locking mailboxes.
A woman was following her ex boyfriend and his new girlfriend in the area of the 1700 block of 254th place Southeast. The man has been with the new girlfriend for about six months and had dated the old girlfriend for 12 years. Police told the ex that she can’t keep following the couple, and advised the man to get an anti-harassment order.
A man reported someone smashed the window of his car while it was parked behind the Pine Lake QFC between 7:30 and 7:50 a.m. Jan. 29 and took his lunch.
Need better hiding place
A person called police Jan. 31 to report she left a suitcase near the elevator in the complex garage in the 1000 block of Cabin Creek Lane Southwest. It contained heirloom jewelry and other items she said were worth approximately $5,000. It is now missing.
I hear you knocking
A man called police Jan. 31 in the 900 block of Fifth Avenue Northwest because his wife was outside his residence trying to get him to open the door and he did not want to open it. He stated that she would not leave.
Police received a call Feb. 3 reporting a possible identification theft attempt in the 1800 block of 25th Avenue Northeast. A woman said a male subject called and said he was from Microsoft. He claimed he discovered that her computer might be vulnerable to attack and he requested permission to access the system online.
Police received a theft report of a 1997 Honda Accord taken from the 700 block of Northwest Gilman Boulevard on Feb. 4. The estimated loss was $2,000.
Free bag ban bags
Police responded to a disturbance call at Fred Meyer in the 6100 block of East Lake Sammamish Parkway Southeast for a reported disturbance Feb. 3. It was reported that a subject was standing at the south entrance handing out plastic bags with a voting initiative on it.
The Press publishes names of those charged with felony crimes. Information comes directly from local police reports.
Eastside Fire & Rescue reports for Jan. 5-Feb. 6
- At 1:30 a.m. Jan. 5, five engine crews were dispatched to the scene of a motor vehicle accident with injury in the 27200 block of westbound Interstate 90.
- Four engine crews assisted at the scene of a motor vehicle accident at 9:29 a.m. Jan. 5 in the 27100 block of eastbound Interstate 90. There were no injuries.
- Seven engine crews were needed at 11:21 a.m. Jan. 5 for a motor vehicle accident in the 32300 block of eastbound Interstate 90. There were no injuries.
- A third motor vehicle accident of the day on Interstate 90 Jan. 5 required the aid of three engine crews at 11:27 a.m. in the 27000 block of westbound lanes. There were no injuries.
- At 6:55 a.m. Jan. 6, 10 engine crews were dispatched to the scene of a motor vehicle accident in the 10200 block of state Route 18.
- Two engine crews at 10:46 a.m. Jan. 11 assisted at the scene of a motor vehicle accident with injuries in the 100 block of Northwest Sammamish Road.
- Two engine crews extinguished a cooking fire at 8:40 p.m. Jan. 13 in the 200 block of First Avenue Northwest.
- Nine engine crews extinguished a building fire at 3:19 a.m. Jan. 15 in the 25100 block of Southeast 158th Street.
- A motor vehicle accident with injuries at 8:19 a.m. Jan. 16 required the aid of three engine crews in the 100 block of Renton-Issaquah Road Southeast.
- At 5:08 p.m. Jan. 16, four engine crews were dispatched to the scene of a motor vehicle accident with injuries in the 100 block of West North Bend Way.
- Three engine crews were dispatched at 2:20 p.m. Jan. 18 to the scene of a motor vehicle accident with no injuries in the 100 block of Southeast 43rd Way.
- Two engine crews investigated a natural gas leak at 1:45 p.m. Jan. 29 in the 19200 block of Southeast 49th Street.
- An engine crew participated at 10:56 p.m. Feb. 2 in an authorized, controlled burning in the 100 block of Northwest Gilman Boulevard.
- Two engine crews were dispatched at 6:21 p.m. Feb. 5 to the scene of a motor vehicle accident with injuries in the 800 block of Front Street North.
- Two engine crews extinguished an outdoor fire at 11:05 a.m. Feb. 6 in the 31200 block of Upper Preston Road Southeast.
On the map
See the Issaquah Police Department’s reported activity from the previous 72 hours at a crime map created by the city at http://bit.ly/ZPHFbA. Addresses contained in the map have been rounded to the nearest hundred block. The address displayed reflects the location where the officer responded to the incident — not necessarily where the incident occurred.