Burt’s Hamburger Station, 1951,
p99, #154 Arcadia book caption:
With the increase in auto travel came drive-thru restaurants and roadside attractions. Burt’s Hamburger Station on Highway 10 (today’s Gilman Boulevard) catered to travelers looking for a quick bite to eat. Pictured are, from left to right, Roy, Mabel and Clarence Burt, proprietors. Clarence and Mabel Burt started the roadside burger business in 1950 on the spot where Pogacha Restaurant stands.