Stormwater program invites public comment
February 25, 2014
A draft Stormwater Management Program report is available for public comment through March 24.
The document was created to educate the public about stormwater pollution, outline steps to reduce harmful discharges and limit runoff in environmentally sensitive areas.
Under a municipal stormwater permit for Western Washington, the city of Issaquah is authorized to discharge stormwater into “waters of the state,” including Issaquah Creek and Lake Sammamish, if the city takes action to prevent stormwater pollution.
The permit requires the city to create and implement a Stormwater Management Program, which outlines the city’s plan to develop and implement:
- public education and outreach,
- public involvement and participation,
- illicit discharge detection and elimination,
- controlling stormwater runoff from construction sites and
- operations and maintenance of stormwater facilities after construction.
Read the report at http://bit.ly/NrZOat.
Email quesitons to danaZ@issaquahwa.gov or call 837-3418.