Police & Fire
March 18, 2014
Someone vandalized the front doors to Pine Lake Middle School between Feb. 21 and 24. They wrote of their love for someone using a black, permanent marker. The markings were cleaned off prior to police arrival, but someone had taken a photo.
Police responded to an apartment in the 1800 block of Trossachs Boulevard at 1 p.m. Feb 22. A resident reported he could hear one of his neighbors crying for help. When officers arrived, they could also hear calls for help. They kicked the door down and found a man had slipped and wedged his arm in his walker chair. There was no way the man, who has multiple sclerosis, could free himself. The officer helped the man out of the situation. Firefighters from EFR found the man was generally OK, with the exception of a sore arm, and then did their best to repair the damaged door. The police offered the man the number for the county claims office, but the man said he would not need it.
The black gate
A woman in the 200 block of East Lake Sammamish Shore Lane Northeast reported that on Feb. 23 a contractor she had been working with took a $10,000 iron gate he had installed on her property. She said she had decided to dock the contractor’s fee because of construction delays. Police contacted the contractor, who explained the delays were caused by changes the homeowners wanted. He said he had to remove the gate to redesign it to new specifications upon which the homeowners insisted. The police decided this was a civil matter for the two parties to work out.
A home for sale in the 300 block of 211th Place Southeast was reported as having been burglarized between Feb. 23 and 26. The homeowners are in the process of moving. Someone drilled out the lock on the back door. Reported missing were a TV and stereo receiver. The house had been shown since the burglary, but the real estate agents attributed the mess to the fact that the couple was moving.
A police officer ran the license plate of a vehicle driving in the 3600 block of Issaquah-Pine Lake Road Southeast at about 12:11 a.m. Feb. 25. The driver’s license was suspended. The man was the same one who the officer had cited two months prior for driving with a suspended license. Since the man had obviously continued driving in spite of his earlier contact with the police, the officer had the vehicle impounded. He was considering taking the man to jail, but a more serious call came in, and he responded to that instead.
A man in the 2400 block of 200th Avenue Southeast reported someone had slashed all four of the tires on his vehicle between 2:50 and 3:50 a.m. Feb. 28.
Police were dispatched to the 100 block of Northeast Gilman Boulevard Feb. 28 on a report of a suspicious male in a parking lot waving at people. Police made contact with the man. He was waiting for his girlfriend who was inside the listed location.
Au natural arrest
Police arrested a 27-year-old Snoqualmie female for stealing $519 worth of makeup in the 1800 block of 12th Avenue Northwest Feb. 28.
Police were dispatched to the corner of Front Street North and East Sunset Way March 1 on a report of a male subject believed to be transient making a weapon with a knife and a bamboo stick. The subject agreed to stop his activities.
Missing or camping
Police were dispatched to Denny’s, 720 N.W. Gilman Blvd., March 2 in order to contact a missing person from Snohomish County. Police contacted a male adult who said he got lost the other day and had to sleep in his vehicle.
Police received a report of a stolen bicycle in the 5400 block of Highlands Drive Northeast March 3. The estimated loss was $300.
Dinner plans cancelled
Police arrested a 37-year-old Renton woman for thievery in the 1800 block of 12th Avenue Northwest on March 3. Officers recovered a total loss of $437.39 in stolen grocery and clothing items.
A Sammamish man reported someone tried to break into his house in the 3400 bock of 221st Avenue Southeast between 6 p.m. March 2 and 11 p.m. March 3. A screen had been removed from a window, and another screen was partially removed. The man is uncertain when the windows were last intact, but thinks he would have noticed any problems quickly.
A white 2006 Jeep Commander was reported stolen March 3 in the 500 block of Newport Way Northwest. The estimated loss was $14,000.
Police arrested a 30-year-old Newcastle woman for stealing an Xbox One, valued at $479, on March 3. The item was recovered.
The Press publishes names of those charged with felony crimes. Information comes directly from local police reports.
On the map
See the Issaquah Police Department’s reported activity from the previous 72 hours at a crime map created by the city at http://bit.ly/ZPHFbA. Addresses contained in the map have been rounded to the nearest hundred block. The address displayed reflects the location where the officer responded to the incident — not necessarily where the incident occurred.
- Eastside Fire & Rescue reports for March 1-13
- At 12:04 p.m. March 1, three engine crews investigated unauthorized burning in the 17400 block of Tiger Mountain Road Southeast.
- A motor vehicle accident with injuries at 6:51 a.m. March 3 required the aid of two engine crews in the 100 block of Southeast 24th Way.
- At 6:16 p.m. March 4, an engine crew was dispatched to the scene of a motor vehicle accident with injuries in the 27200 block Northeast Redmond-Fall City Road.
- An engine crew was dispatched at 12:21 p.m. March 5 to a motor vehicle accident with injuries in the 100 block of Southeast May Valley Road.
- Two engine crews assisted with a power line down at 3:31 p.m. March 5 in the 15400 block of Southeast May Valley Road.
- A motor vehicle accident with injuries at 4:13 p.m. March 7 required the aid of three engine crews in the 22200 block of eastbound Interstate 90, west of Front Street.
- At 2:38 p.m. March 8, 18 engines crews were required to extinguish a building fire in the 7200 block of Preston-Fall City Road Southeast.
- Three engine crews extinguished an outdoor equipment fire at 5:06 p.m. March 8 in the 900 block of 258th Avenue Northeast.
- Three engine crews extinguished a cooking fire at 8:14 p.m. March 8 in the 20900 block of Northeast 25th Street.
- Three engine crews were dispatched at 1:18 p.m. March 10 to the scene of a motor vehicle accident with injury in the 100 block of Issaquah-Hobart Road.
- Four engine crews assisted in a watercraft rescue at 7:18 p.m. March 10 in the 37000 block of Southeast Fish Hatchery Road.
- Three engine crews assisted a motor vehicle accident with injuries at 11:11 a.m. March 11 in the 100 block of Issaquah-Pine Lake Road Southeast.
- At 6:50 a.m. March 13, six engine crews responded to a motor vehicle accident with injuries in the 36500 block of 226th Place Southeast.
- A motor vehicle accident with injuries in the 6100 block of East Lake Sammamish Parkway Southeast required the aid of an engine crew at 11:09 a.m. March 13.
- At 2:44 p.m. March 13 three engine crews were dispatched to the scene of a motor vehicle accident with injuries in the 100 block of Northwest Maple Street.