King County seeks trail photos for new regional trail map
March 25, 2014
King County Parks has launched a search for the best photo taken from anywhere on its regional trail system.
The winning photo will become the cover of the Regional Trails in King County map when it is reprinted in September, and will remain on the cover for at least the following six months.
Submitted contest photos should convey trail users’ experiences along the King County regional trail system, whether the photos are taken while commuting along the Burke-Gilman Trail through Lake Forest Park, rollerblading along the Cedar River Trail near Maple Valley or during a long walk with a dog along the Snoqualmie Valley Trail outside Carnation.
King County Parks will accept photos for the contest through July, and a panel of judges will pick the winning photo in August.
Thanks to the generous support of REI, the winning photographer will receive a new REI XT 85 pack.
How it works:
- Enter your photo using Flickr at www.flickr.com.
- To submit your photos, use your Yahoo!, Google or Facebook account to log into Flickr. If you do not have an account, you can sign up for free.
- Join the King County Parks RTS Map Cover Contest Group at www.flickr.com/groups/rtsmapcovercontest.
- Upload your image to this group.
- Identify the location of photo in the photo caption. For example: “Name of trail, exact location” — Burke-Gilman Trail — near Log Boom Park (geo-location preferred).
King County Parks employees will select 10 photos for final judging by the panel. The winning image will be evaluated based on overall impact, artistic merit and technical excellence.
Get more entry details at www.flickr.com/groups/rtsmapcovercontest.