Police & Fire
April 8, 2014
Police contacted a male and female sleeping on the ground outside a business in the 2800 block of 228th Avenue Southeast at about 11:05 p.m. March 18. The female stated she had been banned from Tent City 4 for seven days. She had two felony warrants for her arrest, so police took her into custody. The male returned to Tent City.
A man in the 3200 block of East Lake Sammamish Parkway Southeast reported someone broke into his house between 7:50 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. March 18. He reported a laptop, guitar and pair of heirloom rings, worth a combined $2,500, were stolen. Someone seems to have attempted to enter through the garage door and a bedroom window, before entering through a bathroom window.
An employee of the Starbucks on Issaquah-Pine Lake road reported March 19 that someone had been sleeping behind the store at night. There was a sleeping bag, bottle of water and some oranges. The employee asked police to check the area at night and tell the person he or she was not welcome to sleep there. The items, which were soaking wet, were placed in a trash bin.
On the Web
- In the 1500 block of 225th Place Southeast between March 21 and 22; reported missing were clothes, tools, jewelry, jackets, a laptop and other items worth an estimated $2,300. The vehicle was left unlocked.
- In the 1100 block of 271st Avenue Southeast between March 22 and 23; reported missing were CDs cash and sunglasses worth a combined $260. The vehicle was unlocked.
- In the 1200 block of 268th Avenue Southeast between midnight and 9:30 a.m. March 23; reported missing were a purse with debit and credit cards, jewelry and sunglasses. The vehicle was locked and did not appear to have been ransacked. It is unclear how someone gained entry.
- In the 2900 block of 228th Avenue Southeast at 7:49 a.m. March 18, someone smashed a window, but did not take anything. Surveillance video shows a suspect of a thin build about 5 feet, 8 inches tall, wearing a black hoodie.
A man in the 3300 block of 212th Court Southeast reported someone egged his house between 2 and 3 a.m. March 22. He suspects it’s someone who goes to school with his teenage daughter. He estimated he would need to get his house repainted.
Eastside Fire & Rescue reports March 28 to April 3
- Four engine crews were sent to a motor vehicle accident scene with injuries at 3:20 p.m. March 28 in the 100 block of 29th Avenue Northeast.
- Two engine crews helped at the scene of a motor vehicle accident with injuries at 12:51 a.m. March 29 in the 100 block of Highlands Drive Northeast.
- At 10:05 a.m. March 29, four engine crews were dispatched to the scene of a motor vehicle accident with injuries in the 31400 block of westbound Interstate 90.
- At 10:31 p.m. March 29, an engine crew extinguished a fire in the 700 block of 241st Lane Southeast.
- An engine crew cleaned up a flammable liquid spill at 10:01 a.m. March 30 in the 2100 block of Shy Bear Way Northwest.
- A motor vehicle accident with injuries at 11 a.m. April 1 required the aid of three engine crews in the 9800 block of 238th Way Southeast.
- An engine crew investigated a natural gas leak at 6:03 p.m. April 3 in the 400 block of Northeast Alder Street.
- Thirteen engines were required at 9:20 p.m. April 3 to extinguish a recreational vehicle fire in the 10900 block of Issaquah-Hobart Road.
The Press publishes names of those charged with felony crimes. Information comes directly from local police reports.