Police & Fire
June 24, 2014
A wallet and its contents, worth an estimated $300, was stolen May 23 from the 21900 block of Southeast 51st Street.
Ring and run
At about 11 p.m. May 23, three boys rang the doorbell of a man in the 1300 block of 270th Way Southeast and ran off. The man chased the boys in his car and caught up to them a few blocks later. The boys say the man yelled profanities and threatened them with a baseball bat. The man denies making a threat. All parties agreed there is a bit of a history behind the incident. All also agreed to have the incident documented without any charges being filed.
Stolen pressure washer
A pressure washer, worth an estimated $300, was stolen May 24 from the 300 block of Mount Kenya Drive Southwest.
New paint job
Damage worth an estimated $200 was caused May 26 by paint being poured on vehicle in the 300 block of Shangri-La Way Northwest.
Police helped “free a kitty from a chain link enclosure it had gotten itself stuck into,” according to a report May 27 in the 300 block of Rainier Boulevard South. The owner put its leash back on and left.
A Sammamish man called police after getting into an altercation with a motorist in the 27200 block of Trossachs Boulevard at 10:30 a.m. May 27. The man was walking his dog when a car drove by at what the man felt was an excessive rate of speed. He gestured to the driver with his hands that the man should slow down. The driver then made an obscene gesture, which the man reciprocated. The driver got out of his car and denied speeding. He also hit the man in the chest before leaving the area. The man wanted the case documented in case he sees the man again and the situation escalates.
A teacher at Skyline High School notified police May 27 that someone had vandalized a soundboard at the school. A number of knobs were bent over. Most knobs were straightened out, but one seems broken and will need repairs.
Police responded to a home in the 22500 block of Southeast 47th Place after a homeowner reported an attempted burglary happened between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. May 28. The home has a double door, and the officer believes someone tried to gain entry using a pry bar of some sort at the seam where the doors meet. It does not seem that anyone was able to gain entry to the home.
Eastside Fire & Rescue reports for June 12-18
- A building fire at 10:33 p.m. June 12 in the 1600 block of Gilman Boulevard required seven engine units to extinguish.
- An engine crew cleaned up a flammable liquid spill at 6:45 p.m. June 13 in the 100 block of Northeast Magnolia Lane.
- Two engine crews extinguished an outside equipment fire at 12:10 a.m. June 16 in the 18600 block of West Lake Sammamish Parkway Southeast.
- A motor vehicle accident at 6:46 p.m. June 16 required the aid of two engine crews in the 24600 block of Issaquah-Fall City Road. There were no injuries.
- At 1:27 a.m. June 17, four engine crews assisted at the scene of a motor vehicle accident with injuries in the 38100 block of eastbound Interstate 90.
- Three engine crews helped with a power line down at 9:41 a.m. June 17 in the 14700 block of 255th Avenue Southeast.
- Two engine crews investigated unauthorized burning at 3:27 p.m. June 18 in the 19600 block of Southeast 128th Street.
- Unauthorized burning also was investigated by an engine crew at 3:05 p.m. June 18 in the 23000 block of Southeast 48th Street.
- Five engine crews were dispatched at 11:31 p.m. June 18 to the scene of a motor vehicle accident with injuries in the 8600 block of Preston-Fall City Road Southeast.