May 20, 2015
In an effort to move ahead with the planned revamping of the city’s Confluence Park, the Issaquah City Council recently approved $250,000 that could be used for restoration and relocation of the historic Anderson farmhouse at the south end of the park.
The Confluence Park master site plan identified the house as needing to be removed or relocated as part of the park development.
February 21, 2014
May 30, 1911, was a special occasion for Issaquah resident Mabel Ek.
So special, in fact, that the moment called for a new outfit. Ek arrived at Issaquah’s Baptist Church, near what is now the Darigold plant, wearing a new dress, knitted gloves and shoes specially ordered from Oregon.
City residents, of which there were only 500 at the time, arrived in droves to honor Ek and her classmates Mary and Olive Gibson.
After all, the three were about to make history, representing the very first graduating class of Issaquah High School.