September 9, 2015
NEW — 5:17 p.m. Sept. 9, 2015
- A wallet was reported stolen at 8:55 a.m. Aug. 28 in the 700 block of Front Street South.
- A cell phone was reported stolen at 10:17 a.m. Aug. 28 in the 1700 block of Northwest Gilman Boulevard.
- A book of checks was reported stolen at 12:55 p.m. Aug. 28 in the 400 block of Northwest Gilman Boulevard.
- A pocketbook, cash and cell phone, with a total value of $550, were reported stolen at 1:32 p.m. Aug. 28 in the 1400 block of Highlands Drive Northeast.
- At 3:09 p.m. Aug. 29, $500 in cash was reported stolen in the 1700 block of Northwest Gilman Boulevard.
- A 1995 Honda Accord, valued at $1,000, was reported stolen at 8:07 a.m. Aug. 30 in the 200 block of Wildwood Boulevard Southwest.
- The theft of a ring, pocketbook and cell phone was reported at 3:34 p.m. Sept. 2 in the 1800 block of 12th Avenue Northwest. The total loss was valued at $28,245.
July 23, 2015
Easier to steal than rent
At 12:51 p.m. July 9, a rental car was reported stolen in the 1400 block of Gilman Boulevard.
A driver reported at 3:45 p.m. July 9 that someone stole his license plates in the 5100 block of Issaquah-Pine Lake Road Southeast.
July 16, 2015
With just two weeks left in the month, the Merry Christmas Issaquah in July fundraising drive is well short of its ultimate goal.
The monetary goal of $25,000 goes a long way in ensuring Issaquah families keep a roof over their heads.
June 3, 2015
A resident in the 1900 block of Northeast Park Drive reported at 11:07 a.m. May 22 that someone caused $500 in tree damage.
At 12:13 p.m. May 22, someone reported that a mailbox was damaged and its contents possibly stolen in the 23400 block of Southeast Black Nugget Road. Total loss was estimated at $1,200.
May 27, 2015
- A resident in the 18500 block of Southeast Newport Way reported at 11:38 a.m. May 15 that someone damaged a windshield, causing $300 in damage.
- At 8:02 p.m. May 15, a resident in the 1400 block of 11th Avenue Northwest reported someone scratched the paint on a car, causing $4,000 in damage.
- Before 8:30 a.m. May 17, someone caused $250 in damage to the window of a black 2012 Honda Accord in the 800 block of Lake Drive.
April 28, 2015
Local TV news reporter Liz Rocca will speak at LifeWire’s 2015 World of Hope Gala and Auction on May 2.
Rocca, a former investigative reporter at KOMO 4 and the current assistant news director at Q13, will speak about her own experiences with domestic violence.
April 14, 2015
With jurisdiction over Issaquah, North Bend and Snoqualmie, the Issaquah Municipal Court dealt with 767 nontraffic criminal cases in 2014, Municipal Court Judge N. Scott Stewart said in his annual report to the Issaquah City Council on March 24.
In the past year, perhaps the biggest change to come to the court was creation of a young adult calendar. It is largely aimed at dealing with one specific problem.
“There’s a heroin issue that has developed,” Stewart said.
April 14, 2015
LifeWire, the state’s largest domestic violence service provider, will host its 2015 benefit gala and auction May 2 at Bellevue’s Meydenbauer Center.
The funds from the World of Hope Gala and Auction provides services in east and north King County to victims of physical, emotional or sexual abuse. The money collected also assists the organization in preventing domestic violence through advocacy, education and support.
The event begins at 5 p.m. with a wine reception and silent auction, followed by a 7 p.m. live auction and dinner led by emcee Molly Shen, a news anchor at KOMO-TV.
March 10, 2015
A 22-year-old Snoqualmie man was arrested at 6:01 p.m. Feb. 27 in the 700 block of Northwest Gilman Boulevard for third-degree theft for attempting to steal $111 in pet supplies, a DVD player and drug paraphernalia. Read more
February 10, 2015
Violence against women is on the rise, and that’s true for women and girls.
February is Teen Domestic Violence Awareness Month.
The highest rate of victimization for abuse and sexual assault occurs between the ages of 16 and 24, according to Break the Cycle’s CEO Amy Sanchez.