May 20, 2015
License plate stolen
Someone stole a license plate before 11:07 a.m. May 8 from a vehicle in the 18300 block of Southeast Newport Way.
April 28, 2015
The owner of a 2014 Subaru Outback reported at 12:40 p.m. April 17 that someone broke into the car in the 4500 block of 191st Avenue Southeast and stole a multitool and iPod Nano. The total loss was valued at $100.
April 14, 2015
With jurisdiction over Issaquah, North Bend and Snoqualmie, the Issaquah Municipal Court dealt with 767 nontraffic criminal cases in 2014, Municipal Court Judge N. Scott Stewart said in his annual report to the Issaquah City Council on March 24.
In the past year, perhaps the biggest change to come to the court was creation of a young adult calendar. It is largely aimed at dealing with one specific problem.
“There’s a heroin issue that has developed,” Stewart said.
March 10, 2015
A 22-year-old Snoqualmie man was arrested at 6:01 p.m. Feb. 27 in the 700 block of Northwest Gilman Boulevard for third-degree theft for attempting to steal $111 in pet supplies, a DVD player and drug paraphernalia. Read more
February 3, 2015
Editor’s note: Due to Eastside Fire & Rescue installing a new records system, fire reports were not available.
At 3:25 p.m. Jan. 23, an officer spotted a 22-year-old Seattle man with an outstanding warrant walking eastbound in the 1200 block of Northwest Mall Street. The suspect was arrested in the 1100 block of Northwest Gilman Boulevard.
An officer driving through an apartment complex at 360 Northwest Dogwood Street at 10:19 p.m. Jan. 25 spotted and arrested a 47-year-old woman with an outstanding warrant.
January 13, 2015
- At 2:42 p.m. Jan. 2, a resident in the 100 block of Northeast Creek way reported someone stole a pocketbook containing a wallet and cell phone. The items were valued at $1,150.
- At 3:36 a.m., someone in the 100 block of East Sunset Way reported someone had stolen between $40 and $80 in tip money.
- At 1:40 p.m. Jan. 4, someone stole $70 in medication in the 3600 block of 228th Avenue Southeast.
- At 3:34 p.m. Jan. 5, someone stole a UPS package, valued at $63, in the 100 block of Mount Olympus Drive Southwest.
December 3, 2014
- At 11:35 a.m. Nov. 21, a resident in the 1800 block of 10th Avenue Northwest reported someone stole his wallet. The loss was valued at $20.
- At 12:43 p.m. Nov. 25, a resident in the 3700 block of Providence Point Drive Southeast reported someone stole a computer, valued at $800.
- At 5:49 p.m. Nov. 25, someone stole a $50 iPod Touch in the 100 block of West Sunset Way.
September 30, 2014
Metropolitan King County Councilman Reagan Dunn pleaded guilty Sept. 18 in Kittitas County to driving under the influence after driving his pickup into a ditch last month.
Dunn, 43, revealed his plea to The Seattle Times during an interview in which he acknowledged an alcohol-abuse problem for which he first sought treatment in 2011.
June 22, 2014
NEW — 6 a.m. June 22, 2014
With marijuana retail stores slated to open in early July, the Washington Traffic Safety Commission is launching the “Drive High, Get a DUI” campaign to remind those planning on patronizing the new businesses that driving high is illegal.
The new messaging coincides with summertime DUI emphasis patrols kicking off July 1 and will feature three 30-second television commercials. The Colorado Department of Transportation produced and aired the commercials in Colorado earlier this year as part of their efforts to combat people driving while high.
January 28, 2014
A Bellevue Police officer charged with drunken driving on Interstate 90 near Issaquah has resigned from the department.
“As we move forward, my hope is that we rebuild the public’s trust and continue our focus on the great work that the men and women of this department do every day,” Chief Linda Pillo said in a news release.
On Nov. 20, Bellevue Police Officer Doug Brennan stopped Hanke for swerving and speeding. Instead of arresting the 38-year-old officer, Brennan allowed Hanke’s wife to pick him up. Brennan then reported the incident to his superiors the next day.