October 11, 2011
Eastside Fire & Rescue is opening fire stations in Issaquah and the surrounding area to the public for Fire Prevention Week.
Citizens can stop for tours, snacks and information about fire safety, flood safety and emergency preparedness, as well as a chance to sit on a fire truck.
October 5, 2010
Issaquah fire stations 71 and 73, and Sammamish fire stations 81, 82 and 83 will host open houses from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. Oct. 9.
The event is part of Eastside Fire & Rescue’s support of Fire Prevention Week, Oct. 3-9.
Residents are encouraged to drop by to meet firefighters, tour the stations, sit in a fire truck and pick up information about fire, flood and emergency preparedness.
The following EFR stations will host open houses:
- Station 71: 190 E. Sunset Way, Issaquah
- Station 73: 1280 N.E. Park Drive, Issaquah Highlands
- Station 81: 2030 212th Ave. S.E., Sammamish
- Station 82: 1852 228th Ave. S.E., Sammamish
- Station 83: 3425 Issaquah-Pine Lake Road, Sammamish
October 9, 2009
NEW — 6 a.m. Oct. 9, 2009
Eastside Fire & Rescue has planned a series of activities to mark Fire Prevention Week, which runs through Sunday.
Stop by EFR stations on Saturday from 1-3 p.m., when firefighters will open the bay doors to give the public a glimpse of firefighting equipment. Drop by to visit firefighters, tour stations, sit in a truck and pick up fire and health safety information, fire hats, stickers and badges.
Check out the following stations Saturday:
- Station 71 190 E. Sunset Way
- Station 81 2030 212th S.E.
- Station 82 1852 228th Ave. S.E.
- Station 83 3425 Issaquah-Pine Lake Road
- Station 85 3600 Tolt Ave. N.E., Carnation
- Station 87 122 W. Second St., North Bend
The theme of Fire Prevention Week is “Stay Fire Smart! Don’t Get Burned.” Fire departments have observed the weeklong fire prevention message for 87 years, making it the longest-running public health and safety observance on record.
EFR crews also displayed engines and distributed fire and health safety information at local grocery stores Monday.