January 13, 2015
- At 2:42 p.m. Jan. 2, a resident in the 100 block of Northeast Creek way reported someone stole a pocketbook containing a wallet and cell phone. The items were valued at $1,150.
- At 3:36 a.m., someone in the 100 block of East Sunset Way reported someone had stolen between $40 and $80 in tip money.
- At 1:40 p.m. Jan. 4, someone stole $70 in medication in the 3600 block of 228th Avenue Southeast.
- At 3:34 p.m. Jan. 5, someone stole a UPS package, valued at $63, in the 100 block of Mount Olympus Drive Southwest.
January 6, 2015
At 12:55 p.m. Dec. 17, a resident in the 1800 block of 11th Avenue Northeast reported someone broke into their 2007 Ford Taurus and stole a GPS valued at $200.
December 23, 2014
Best use of resources?
At 12:40 p.m. Dec. 12, an officer spoke by phone with a resident in the 800 block of Fifth Avenue Northwest who was requesting extra patrol around the residence because of cigarette butts being found on the sidewalk. Read more
December 16, 2014
At 10:32 a.m. Dec. 5, a resident in the 500 block of Mount Index Place Southwest reported someone caused $500 damage to a mailbox. Read more
December 9, 2014
An Issaquah High School student was found in possession of marijuana at 11:26 a.m. Nov. 26. The juvenile was released to her mother at the school. Read more
December 9, 2014
Since this week’s column is in that sweet spot halfway between Thanksgiving and Christmas, here is something your friendly photographer has never written before — a quick list of the things in life that I am thankful for.
Sure, it could be a list of problems and gripes, but maybe in this cattywampus world we need to exercise our thankful muscles a bit!
November 29, 2014
NEW — 6 :11 p.m. Nov. 29, 2014
The Federal Bureau of Investigation contacted Issaquah police early Nov. 28 to tell officers an Issaquah High School student planned to bring weapons to school and kill people.
Police notified Issaquah High School security personnel and administrators, according to an email sent to parents Nov. 29.
A posting on a hacker’s website site said an explosive device had been planted at the school. The posting was brought to the attention of the FBI. No threats were made to specific people.
November 18, 2014
At 1:41 p.m. Nov. 7, an officer responded to a citizen in the 100 block of East Sunset Way who had called 911 regarding issues he was having with his attorney. The officer advised he could request a new attorney and had to go through the court to handle the issue.
October 14, 2014
- A checkbook was taken Oct. 3 from a 2000 Honda Civic in the 700 block of Front Street South. A $377 check from the stolen checkbook was later cashed.
- A gym bag with swimming gear was stolen Oct. 6 from a 2006 Toyota Corolla in the 300 block of Northwest Pebble Lane.
- A vehicle was broken into Oct. 7 in the 500 block of Mountain Park Boulevard Southwest. The loss was valued at $125 from a stolen power cord and damaged window.
- A 2015 Chrysler 200LTD was broken into Oct. 7 in the 900 block of Sunrise Place Southwest. The loss was valued at $1,059 from a stolen gun, backpack, headphones and books.
October 7, 2014
Last year, thieves broke into vendor booths overnight during Salmon Days, making off with merchandise that support people’s livelihoods. This past weekend, Issaquah police were being extra vigilant for that and caught some would-be thieves in the act, arresting them on the spot.
You being vigilant can also help prevent crime.