November 4, 2014
- Someone broke into a vehicle after 8 a.m. Oct. 24 in the 1800 block of 12th Avenue Northwest. There estimated loss was $380 from a damaged window and a stolen dash camera.
- A $100 set of headphones was stolen at 9:05 a.m. Oct. 24 from a car in the 4600 block of 193rd Avenue Southeast.
- At 3:28 p.m. Oct. 24, the owner of a 2008 Subaru Forester reported someone broke into the car in the 4700 block of 193rd Place Southeast and stole a camera and cordless tools worth $2,100.
- Someone reported at 6:04 p.m. Oct. 24 that someone stole $290 in clothing and headphones from a vehicle in the 1200 block of Sunrise Place Southeast.
- The owner of a 1993 Jeep Wrangler reported at 7 p.m. Oct. 24 that someone broke into a car in the 4800 block of 193rd Place Southeast and stole the car’s speakers, valued at $308.
- At 2:02 p.m. Oct. 26, someone stole $460 in various items from a 2006 Scion in the 300 block of Northwest Gilman Boulevard.
- After 5 p.m. Oct. 26, someone broke into a 2007 Ford Escape and stole a pullover and cellphone worth $300.
May 27, 2014
Several Eastside cities have seen a spike in locker room thefts in the past several weeks.
Gyms in Issaquah, Bellevue, Kirkland and Redmond have all reported victims.
Thieves are targeting lockers by shimming or prying padlocks or combination locks and sifting through personal items to take cash. Some of the gym customers don’t even immediately realize they’ve been victimized, as their phones, wallets and other items weren’t stolen, and the thieves have put back the broken locks.
February 23, 2014
NEW — 6 a.m. Feb. 23, 2014
Since the beginning of 2014, Issaquah police officers have responded to 40 vehicle break-ins.
In many cases, owners had left their vehicles unlocked, according to a news release from the city.
Thieves can get into cars through unlocked doors or open windows, and then make off with valuables in only a few seconds.
Prime targets include shopping center parking lots, residential neighborhoods, parks and schools, because a prowler can hit many vehicles in a short time.